WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a LOT of back and forth I decided to pull the trigger on this just before Xmas and I finally got around to getting the bracelet sized. I actually prefer watches with (non chronograph) Day/Date complications... my watches with just date windows hardly get worn. So the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Day Date - now discontinued - hit the spot!

For reference my wrist is 6.5 inch so on the smaller side of wrists, but I think it works fine.

It's a real "handsome" looking watch, though I actually intend to swap to a black Hirsch Andy (Alligator Embossed with blue rubber) for more daily wear (I live in tropical Singapore and I prefer rubber over leather or steel).

[EDIT: the strap just arrived].

The only sad part of the story is that I'm putting up my Seamaster 2254.50 up for sale... I have too many watches and someone had to go :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
After a LOT of back and forth I decided to pull the trigger on this just before Xmas and I finally got around to getting the bracelet sized. I actually prefer watches with (non chronograph) Day/Date complications... my watches with just date windows hardly get worn. So the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Day Date - now discontinued - hit the spot!

For reference my wrist is 6.5 inch so on the smaller side of wrists, but I think it works fine.

It's a real "handsome" looking watch, though I actually intend to swap to a black Hirsch Andy (Alligator Embossed with blue rubber) for more daily wear (I live in tropical Singapore and I prefer rubber over leather or steel). Will post some pics when it arrives.

The only sad part of the story is that I'm putting up my Seamaster 2254.50 up for sale... I have too many watches and someone had to go :)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
OP, @Daniel L , I love Day-Date complications as well. I'd like to think their usefulness has peaked during the pandemic.

I had no idea the Aqua Terra came in a Day-Date - the watch looks fantastic on your wrist. Congrats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For some reason this day date model never got much mention, and it was priced well above the standard AT. So looks like it didn't make the cut with the AT refresh with the horizontal teak dial.

The dial flows vertically nicely.. From the day to the dial text and the date, with the vertical teak stripes.

The best thing about liking non-chronograph day-date complications is that it restricts my buying LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
I almost pulled the trigger on this same piece a few weeks ago but in the end couldn't justify the additional expense and went with the Breitling Transocean Day Date instead. Congrats on a beautiful watch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Hirsch Andy with the blue rubber arrived - so I updated the first post.
I really like this lightweight and more casual set up.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
15 Posts

It's a real "handsome" looking watch, though I actually intend to swap to a black Hirsch Andy (Alligator Embossed with blue rubber) for more daily wear (I live in tropical Singapore and I prefer rubber over leather or steel).

[/QUOTE

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Aqua Terra and this one, with its vertical symmetry, is particularly attractive. A beautifully executed day-date. Well done!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts