WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told my wife that some day I wanted to own this watch. This was back in 2015 when I saw it at a Omega store. How I came to this point is another story. Let start by saying that I have owned several Omegas, never new and countless other watches. Currently own a Ball Fireman. So I have always liked diver style watches and was just itching to own one. So off to Watchrecon I went in search for one. To keep it short I ran across a Bremont S301. Beautiful watch, simple dial and overall I liked the looks of it. So off to my jeweler I went who had one in stock. Got a nice discount and came home with it. I get home and pull the crown out to set the time and noticed the crown had a wobble to it. Call the jeweler and they ordered me another one. This was Monday. Today, Thursday, they tell me it’s in. Go to pick it up and once again, the crown on the new one also had a slight wobble. I was like this is a sign. Asked the jeweler to see the 300, again, and just bit the bullet and bought it with a 20% discount. Was going to get the leather but for $300 more I just went ahead and got the bracelet instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Congratulations! Wear it in good health!
I told my wife that some day I wanted to own this watch. This was back in 2015 when I saw it at a Omega store. How I came to this point is another story. Let start by saying that I have owned several Omegas, never new and countless other watches. Currently own a Ball Fireman. So I have always liked diver style watches and was just itching to own one. So off to Watchrecon I went in search for one. To keep it short I ran across a Bremont S301. Beautiful watch, simple dial and overall I liked the looks of it. So off to my jeweler I went who had one in stock. Got a nice discount and came home with it. I get home and pull the crown out to set the time and noticed the crown had a wobble to it. Call the jeweler and they ordered me another one. This was Monday. Today, Thursday, they tell me it’s in. Go to pick it up and once again, the crown on the new one also had a slight wobble. I was like this is a sign. Asked the jeweler to see the 300, again, and just bit the bullet and bought it with a 20% discount. Was going to get the leather but for $300 more I just went ahead and got the bracelet instead.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Great catch! Always thought this is way nicer than the standard Seamaster. Also definitely the right choice to go for the bracelet instead of the leather.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Great catch! Always thought this is way nicer than the standard Seamaster. Also definitely the right choice to go for the bracelet instead of the leather.
I had 3 Seamasters before. I could never get over the escape valve and the bezel design. Always liked a coin roll or Rolex style bezel. I got the bracelet because it was only $300 more vs the leather strap and a leather can be bought for around $2-300. Bracelet is way more expensive.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Lovely man. I am waiting for my dream watch Patek Phillipe Calatrava

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
It's wrist candy. Mmm

Reactions: pursuit2550

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts
Congrats on finally getting yourself a Seamaster 300 — it is stunning. As for the leather strap, there are plenty of high-quality non-OEM brands that are less expensive to choose from, such as Hisch. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congrats to you on finally acquiring your Seamaster 300!! Treat it right and it will last you a lifetime, and serve your children and grand children well also. Enjoy the honeymoon!!

Rene

·
Registered
26 Posts
Omega for the win! Classy :)

Reactions: pursuit2550

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Congratulations!

Nigel

1 - 20 of 48 Posts