WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Those 300s are beautiful! I agree, way better than the SMP. I do not like that needlessly obtrusive helium escape valve. This however is clean and elegant. If it had a ceramic bezel I would be all in. I do admit the matte blue does look super nice though I would worry too much about scratching it
They are beautiful and clean. What do you mean, if it had a ceramic bezel? The SMP and 300 do have a ceramic bezel.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Your's is a first generation 300, which does have a ceramic bezel. The second generation in the photo above that came out in 2021 have aluminium bezels.
I didn’t know that. Had to look it up. Kinda shocked that they went back to a aluminum bezel. I have scratched a few aluminum bezels in my days and loved it when manuf started going ceramic. Just like my sunglasses, I can’t do plastic, no matter how scratch resistant they are. I stick to glass only now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I didn’t know that. Had to look it up. Kinda shocked that they went back to a aluminum bezel. I have scratched a few aluminum bezels in my days and loved it when manuf started going ceramic. Just like my sunglasses, I can’t do plastic, no matter how scratch resistant they are. I stick to glass only now.
I am the same way with my sunglasses too! Randolphs are my favorite. I think Omega went "backwards" to aluminum to give it more of a vintage vibe. They say this type of aluminum anodizing is harder than most but I would still prefer ceramic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To me the biggest step back on the new one is the clasp. The 1st generation clasp has 6 positions of adjustment, while the 2nd generation clasp has only 3 positions of adjustment which I feel was a step backwards as you are loosing some functionality. Everything else is just a cosmetic thing.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
To me the biggest step back on the new one is the clasp. The 1st generation clasp has 6 positions of adjustment, while the 2nd generation clasp has only 3 positions of adjustment which I feel was a step backwards as you are loosing some functionality. Everything else is just a cosmetic thing.
Learn something new everyday. I like the Seamaster at the bottom with no other writing. I also like the open numbers. Prefer the polished center links, ceramic bezel and the arrow seconds hand. I also wouldn’t mind if was also slimmer, but still wears well for it thickness.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts