WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my parents talked me into joining them on a cruise, I was dreading it. A whole week trapped on a boat with them - my God! But then I looked at the itinerary and noticed that Aruba was the last stop on the cruise. Ahh, Arbua, home of decent tax-free watch shopping and bargaining galore.

So, I walked around the island, going from shop to shop, not expecting to walk away with the watch I've lusted over for three years. And then it happened. I walked into Little Switzerland, bargained back and forth, and walked away with this, my beautiful new Planet Ocean XL, happy as a clam!

(232.30.46.21.01.003)
image.jpg

I feel a little bad for my old Blue-face 2221 Omega SMP that I brought with me. It's not going to see any wrist time for a few months at least... ;)

BTW, I can't overstate how fantastic the ladies at Little Switzerland on Aruba are - they were extremely helpful, and were fairly easy to bargain with. I even got the watch resized (needed an extra 2.5 links for my giant 8.25" wrists) free of charge (would've cost me about $210 back at home at the Omega store in Tyson's Corner, VA to do that).

If you find yourself in Aruba, check them out.

Cheers,

·
Registered
12,029 Posts
That's how the XL is meant to look. Perfect choice choice sir. Looks amazing your giant wrists. Enjoy in the best of health.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I love my PO 8500 XL, but there are other times where my SMP is preferred. In all, it's a nice luxury to have size options :-! Congrats and wear yours in good health!

Reactions: flavoredair

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats on becoming a proud owner of a beautiful time-piece. Enjoy her in good health. I too bought a 8500 PO XL a few days ago. And I'm in love with it..:-d

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! Absolutely loving it!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Looks great! See, the cruise did turn out well after all!

Regards,

Mike.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Great fit on you, and of course it's gorgeous. Enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
All you people with <7.5" wrists, take note: this is how an XL is meant to fit. No lugs hanging over the wrist, the bracelet doesn't weigh more than your entire forearm, and you can see more than 2 links of the bracelet from a top-down view. Perfect fit and congratulations

·
Premium Member
11,849 Posts
I was on Arbua once. It's in the Qerolean system, I believe. But I hated shopping there. Getting through Galactic Customs was a death-defying experience. ;-)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts