WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - very long time lurker, first time poster.

It's too snowy even down south to get my car off the drive, so I decided to give some thought to growing my collection - I've included a table and some pictures below for those interested.

I'd really like to add a high quality Swiss piece: Rolex Milgauss (or blue/orange face Air King), Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue, Omega Planet Ocean etc. into it and was seeking advice from people with more advanced collections as to what might be a good acquisition.

I look forward to becoming an active participant in this forum over the coming years.

Best wishes,

James

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Steppy - I'm travelling to Asia a lot more now and those days where I'm alone it's all too easy to browse the malls and their enviable collections of second hand Swiss watches.

My bank balance already hates me, but I think I'm going to enjoy the downward spiral...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damm, got table somemore, ya, you sure a collector.

Maybe i should create a smiliar table....
There are some hidden columns that detail the story behind each watch (they all mean something to me/were purchased at an important time in my life) and who will get them in my will!

Thank you all for the welcome and the kind comments on my collection to date.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Welcome James,

I have to agree with Steppy " you are too far gone " to be saved. You have quiet a collection already and 2 purchases in 2016 and it only the middle of January! Look forward to seeing your collection grow.

I think ink you will fit right in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks one and all! Look forward to contributing - although my next significant acquisition is going to be in September. Excited :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
That gold casio is siiiiiiiick!

but seriously, you have a problem.

Reactions: doinggood

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi James.

Welcome to a world where 'Grail' translates to 'Found ANOTHER Grail'. :)

I'm in Hertfordshire as well sir, chilly ain't it.

Nice collection James, bought my first Sturmanski several months back, love the one you have.

As as far as adding to the collection there are so many choices out there as you well know.

Very personal opinion here but the Tudor range are spectacular watches, particularly the model you mentioned.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Spreadsheet = you're in deep...:-d

1 - 20 of 24 Posts