WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 3 tissots since arnd 6 years and was happy with them until i realised that these arent what real watches are..
then decided on getting the seamaster pro 300m quartz.. after goin to the omega boutique the bezel upon being pressed at the 30min marker was making some clicking sound, so told the guy to order a new piece for me.. immedietly went online and did some research concluding that this is a common issue and quite a few watches have them, i didnt wanna settle for something like this..
the second piece that he received also made the same sound but this one at the 10min mark.
in the mean time i read up on the Planet ocean which really got me thinking, if im getting a good watch, then this is the one

spoke to the AD and told him to increase my discount so i can take this one, he agreed and here i am with an awesome looking planet ocean 45.5mm

Attachments

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I've had 3 tissots since arnd 6 years and was happy with them until i realised that these arent what real watches are..
then decided on getting the seamaster pro 300m quartz.. after goin to the omega boutique the bezel upon being pressed at the 30min marker was making some clicking sound, so told the guy to order a new piece for me.. immedietly went online and did some research concluding that this is a common issue and quite a few watches have them, i didnt wanna settle for something like this..
the second piece that he received also made the same sound but this one at the 10min mark.
in the mean time i read up on the Planet ocean which really got me thinking, if im getting a good watch, then this is the one

spoke to the AD and told him to increase my discount so i can take this one, he agreed and here i am with an awesome looking planet ocean 45.5mm

Congrats on the PO. It will last you years and years. |>

Just so you know, some POs exhibit the minor up and down play in their bezels too. If you understood the mechanics of what is actually going on underneath the bezel assembly, you'd know that it no big deal, whatsoever. The bezel assembly itself and the case are SOLID, milled from billet pieces that will last eons. They are held together by a simple bezel spring, and held in alignment by a simple click spring. These two springs are adjustable, and by nature, have some give to them. They are essentially disposable, and would likely get changed out at service. Their combined retail cost is just over twenty dollars. Basically all diver's watches use some variation of this setup. It's not something you should have worried too much about. If your new watch starts to display some of this give one day, don't freak out -- it's totally normal, and NO BIG DEAL.

Now, just enjoy the watch. It's a beauty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the PO. It will last you years and years. |>

Just so you know, some POs exhibit the minor up and down play in their bezels too. If you understood the mechanics of what is actually going on underneath the bezel assembly, you'd know that it no big deal, whatsoever. The bezel assembly itself and the case are SOLID, milled from billet pieces that will last eons. They are held together by a simple bezel spring, and held in alignment by a simple click spring. These two springs are adjustable, and by nature, have some give to them. They are essentially disposable, and would likely get changed out at service. Their combined retail cost is just over twenty dollars. Basically all diver's watches use some variation of this setup. It's not something you should have worried too much about. If your new watch starts to display some of this give one day, don't freak out -- it's totally normal, and NO BIG DEAL.

Now, just enjoy the watch. It's a beauty.
well it wasnt just the up and down movement, it was the click that came with it.. well i guess it was all meant to push me towards teh PO

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Congrats on your new PO. It looks great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts