WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really like Longines Master Collection Moonphase 42mm watch. I tried it and it's great. Love the bracelet/straps option, two sizes (40 and 42mm), great looking, it can be totaly casual or dressy.

I think it's going to be my first casual dressy watch and my first moonphase watch (i like that combo too).

But i would like to test the waters if there is something outhere that beats this watch. I suspect Frederic Constant and Montblanc. Probably not with bracelet and under 2k.

Come out with your candidates.

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
I really really like Longines Master Collection Moonphase 42mm watch. I tried it and it's great. Love the bracelet/straps option, two sizes (40 and 42mm), great looking, it can be totaly casual or dressy.

I think it's going to be my first casual dressy watch and my first moonphase watch (i like that combo too).

But i would like to test the waters if there is something outhere that beats this watch. I suspect Frederic Constant and Montblanc. Probably not with bracelet and under 2k.

View attachment 15872812

View attachment 15872813

View attachment 15872814
Gorgeous piece, I had the blue version and enjoyed it.

I had a few issues with it that made me move on.
-It didn't seem to have AR and if it did, it wasn't working.
-I had a really difficult time reading date (Probably easier to read the date on this one though)
-I didn't wear it enough. When I wanted to wear blue, the Seamaster usually won.

Still, the white would be the right choice if I was to go back to one and I don't think it can truly be beat at that price range.

Reactions: Ensoul

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve always liked the Raymond Weil Maestro moonphase in that range.

My all time favorite moonphase dressy/casual crossover (though outside the price range) is the GO panorama date moonphase from 2008-2012 with the guilloche dial. It has a great vintage feel. The pattern on the dis reminds me of the textured aluminum on the classic cars my dad has restored from the 50s and 60s. Great looking dress watch with a black strap. But I feel like you could throw a grey or blue strap on there with some contrasted stitching for a sportier feel.

·
Registered
JLC MUT MP, Cartier Santos, JLC MCD, Omega PO, Rado True Auto
182 Posts

View attachment 15872812

View attachment 15872813

View attachment 15872814
Beautiful watch! I myself have a JLC MUT MP which is way above the price limit set in your comment (and there's no bracelet version).

I also have the Glycine Combat MP, which punches above its price point at the $330 I paid for it (brand new).

Its dial definitely doesn't compare to the Longines. I had considered grabbing the blue one a while ago, but opted to save instead for my grail piece (the JLC). This definitely beats out the Montblanc, which I had tried on in person at a Montblanc store and at the time could be found on Joma for under 2k brand new.

ENJOY YOUR WATCH! Not enough people with moonphases out there.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
The some of the Frederique Constant moonphase watches are nice. I've tried a couple. They are often discounted so could be available in your price range.

Within Longines, I like the 1832 moonphase. I just wish the hands were longer.

For something more elaborate you could look at the Christopher Ward C1 Moonglow.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I like moon phase also and have had difficulty finding one I like. Lume is important to me so of those mentioned and those I can think of, Ball seems to be a good choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“what’s life without whimsy”

·
Registered
158 Posts
I liked CW’s Malvern moonphases more than the Moonglow, but they don’t pop up very often.

The Longines is nice, I’ve considered it myself.
I have the C1 with the new logo. CW veterans hate seeing the full CW name as logo and at 9 o'clock, but I love it way more than ChrWard myself so it was just a perfect fit for me.

I heard it's discontinued though.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,814 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts