WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lucky enough to be going to the States in September and would appreciate some tips from the Americans out there on where they find their bargains (i.e. at garage sales etc.).

I shall be in southern Oregon, if that helps.

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
You may want to try K-Mart, Sears, Macys, as a start.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
sadly i live in Portland, and the majority of my G's have come from overseas:-(

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm lucky enough to be going to the States in September and would appreciate some tips from the Americans out there on where they find their bargains (i.e. at garage sales etc.).

Thanks, guys!
If you can find a JCPenney you might find some interesting pieces although not too old, maybe a few years. Macy's and K-mart too. No guarantees and good luck:-!

·
Registered
3,955 Posts

Thanks, guys!

Don't forget WalMart for cheap basic models! :-d Also, depending on the community you will be visiting you may want to try to find out if there are any community yard sales, etc. Might be a good place to hunt around for an older model. Welcome the US!

Kev

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where in "Southern Oregon"? The Oregon Coast? Or over in the valley down by Medford or Grants Pass? :)
Medford - not very far from the airport.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Are garage/yard sales ever advertised or do you just have to be lucky and find one by chance?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Medford - not very far from the airport.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Are garage/yard sales ever advertised or do you just have to be lucky and find one by chance?
Get up early on a Saturday and look for signs or check the newspaper. Medford is a college town, right? College towns always have good garage sales.
Try to find some thrift stores like Goodwill,Salvation Army, St. Vincent DePaul, or one benefiting animals or homeless. I've had the best luck at the thrifts (2 DW-5200s in the last year, an ICERC Baby-G, a rare Casio Jogger)
:-!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Remember I think it was Sameer finding a NOS 5600c "on the shelf"
in India. If memory serves...... jus mt 2 cents check the local craigslist
I got a DW-5300 in excellent condition. Enjoy your trip

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
It is usually hotter than blue blazes in Medford, with temps normally hovering around 100F! So you might not want to go wandering around looking for garage sales in that heat. If it were me, I would probably go someplace with air conditioning and just shop, like the Rogue Valley mall... ;-)

http://www.roguevalleymall.com/

Target is another place that has G-Shocks. So you might also want to look there, as well. According to this map, they have one in (or near) the RVM.. :)

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spo...ingLong=-122.88991101864998&_requestid=101483

Have fun shopping (sales tax free!) and enjoy your visit to Oregon and the US! :-!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again, folks. Craigslist has been one of my bookmarked sites along with this sales forum, eBay and PMWF for a while now, but it pays to keep checking!

Thanks, Schuey. I do want to do some sightseeing while I'm there, but I have to include a genuine American shopping mall experience, right..? ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts