WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some help.
I have been a Rolex fan for a long time but have finally seen the Omega light.
I
I am looking at 2 Omega Speedmasters to buy one. (for now

omega 1.JPG Omega 2.JPG

I am so confused by Omegas serial numbers and dates that any model changes were made.
I have been to some of the more well known sites with lists of serial numbers but they conflict with each other

One of the serial numbers of the watches I am looking at is 59257148 and the other is 58794095

Can I get some opinions on their date of manufacture and their models.
Can I also get your opinions on the most correct sites/places to visit in order to get correct Omega information

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Unfortunately, Omega doesn't give out much serial number information on non-vintage watches. You could inquire at a Boutique, but I don't know if they will be able to help you there.

There is a website that deals with the reconciliation of different date tables for Omega:

Omega Serial Numbers by Year – I Already Have a Watch.

However, this only goes up to about 1998 or so, while your watches are a bit newer than that.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
This is about the most correct "database" out there for new watches, I use it with a grain of salt, since Omega do have odd times when nothing matches to the database. There both 1998s not much diffrence, the 59 could even be a late 1998 or early 1999. but my betting hand would be on the 98.

Here you are:

Rolex, Panerai, Omega serial numbers and production dates

it has rolex, pan along with Omega.

I'm not trying to promte this man's business, just the serial numbers so I hope thats ok without breaking a rule on the forum :S

1 - 3 of 3 Posts