WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi awesome fellow members,

I am pondering over the following questions:

1. If I wish to find the majority of watches made for 2010, I can buy off Amazon the "Wristwatch Annual" and assume 90+% of the 2010 watches will be in. What if I want to go farther back in time than 2000 [which is the oldest Wristwatch Annual I could find online]? How do I dig this info out?

2. If I have a soft spot for one watch maker - say Longines, for example: how do I find all watches they ever made? From the first wimpy model to the latest?

Thank you for any pointers
[fingers crossed Denis and Eeeb will drop a line] :-!

·
Moderator at Large
54,019 Posts
1. No clue how to dig out info before 2000. BTW:I doubt that the WWA really covers 90% of the watches made in 2010. I am tempted to say they cover a bit above 20%

"Das Jahr der Schweizer Uhren" could be of some additional help (goes back to 2000 but only covers swiss watches).

2. There will be no compendium which covers all. 175 years in watch business are hard to document. But to start with:

John Goldberger: Longines Watches.
Ebner Publishers, Ulm 2006, ISBN 3-87188-073-6, 308 pages
Marozzi, Daria / Toselli, Gianluigi: Longines
Bologna, Edizioni Giada, (1990), 387 pages, lots of pics (be warned: expensive).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Mike!

These are only Longines books though - I was hoping for a one super-catalogue with all brands and years... Like a bible, give or take a few acts of courage ;-)

I will try and find the swiss watches edition :-!

:thanks

·
Moderator at Large
54,019 Posts
Thank you, Mike!

These are only Longines books though - I was hoping for a one super-catalogue with all brands and years... Like a bible, give or take a few acts of courage ;-)

I will try and find the swiss watches edition :-!

:thanks
There is no such bible I am afraid. Nice overview is given here: http://www.watchtime.net/watches/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts