WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm pretty much done my homework on buying my first Omega watch. I am pretty intrigued by looking at the resellers pricing such as jomashop. I am willing to give up a warranty for the price difference. I would be someone hesitant about buying it from an individual reseller and the ones that I've seen are pricing a above above Joma shop..... several members have suggested negotiating with an authorized dealer. I have been unsuccessful in the local area. That would be a great option if I could come close to the jomashop price. Any suggestions in trying to locate such a dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
You will not find Joma prices at an AD. You will not get AD service from Joma.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I already said that.......I said I was willing to give up waranty......may find a dealer that could come close.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
AD's have pricing guidelines they need to follow. Topper, our forum sponsor, is where I would go.

Good luck!

Reactions: Vakane

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
I’d go to Topper. I have gotten 3 watches there and always top notch. If you don’t want to go to an AD then check the for sale forum here. There are several trusted Omega sellers.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
check out chitown watch. joma pricing with authored dealer warranty

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Are you sure about Chitown being authorized? Per their website:
Chitown Watches is NOT an authorized dealer of any brand watch we sell.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Are you sure about Chi Town being authorized? Per their website:
Chitown Watches is NOT an authorized dealer of any brand watch we sell.
i didn't say they are an authorized dealer, just that they have the same warranty. they sell watched with the original factory warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Nice to know. I just looked up another post on ChiTown and I read the same.

Thanks!

i didn't say they are an authorized dealer, just that they have the same warranty. they sell watched with the original factory warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have not called Topper or any other AD yet but will after my due diligence among others....I understand how a reseller will not be able to offer a warranty . So help me understand how a non AD like Chitown can get a waranty card stamped and pass on to a customer without Omega knowing about it and pulling the plug? Is buyer protected with waranty?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Another vote for Topper.

Chitown will provide a warranty card stamped from an AD. Technically would be the factory warranty. Not sure if there could be a problem down the road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've bought from AuthenticWatches, WatchMaxx, and WatchesOnNet in the past and had great experiences. I wasn't particularly happy with Jomashop when I was looking to buy something from them. Their customer service when I called left something to be desired. But usually I try to find what I'm looking for from a well know forum seller either here or on another forum. There are some great ones out there, but of course you want to check them out and check their references!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Another vote for Topper.

Chitown will provide a warranty card stamped from an AD. Technically would be the factory warranty. Not sure if there could be a problem down the road.
there's no"technically"about it. they sell watches that they buy at wholesale from authorized dealers. so, they get legitimately stamped warranty cards. if you have a warranty card with a legitimate stamp, then you are covered by the factory warranty.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I dont mean to hijack the thread but had a relevant question.

Do AD's offer discounts on accessories like straps?
Some might but not much if they do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts