WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure of right forum category for this. Interested in any pro or con comments. Being old fashioned type I have acquired and sold without loss several Speedy Pro and other big ones. Prefer the old style compact Chronos. Traded a good p.w. for this one. Originally sold in 1998. Unfamiliar with Marcel. Has 7750 Valjoux mvt. Nicely finished. 4 atm waterproof with screw down buttons and crown with sharkskin. Only 37mm outside diameter. Sapphire back and front. 14 years old now. Bet few made; nice little ones I prefer seem to be unpopular.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Interesting that we are in an era when a 7750 based wristwatch is considered small-ish... LOL

Marcel added the moonphase and rim-date complications. Nice casing and dial.

This classical style attracts me too -- indeed here are my Candino Twins: a 7750 and a 2892-A2 with added complications. Sometimes I wear them on right and left wrists -- they seem a matched set :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed a couple of nice ones, I would not know about otherwise, elaborate but practical.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Beautiful watch. Nice pick-up! Not sure how good that pw was, but you probably did very well.

A quick search turned up a few JM moonphase versions with very hefty pricetags. $2K and up.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Well, the market may value the Breitling more but I love that Lemania. 18K??

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, the market may value the Breitling more but I love that Lemania. 18K??
2and 1/2 year thread I neglected to respond to. Glad to know we are yet both survivers. 18k and ss for the good Brietling. I sold for profit. Acquired at garage sale for $1100. Keeping Marcel chrono. Are they still active Swiss or German distributors? The 14k gold cased chronometer marked Lemania was garage sale $40. purchase from son of original owner. I find only one auction sale for it at best Patek equivalent level. artbissell

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts