WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Br...pace-on-Rubber-Breitling-Strap-/202151931121?

I've already bought this so I guess I get to fret until I get back from Tourneau, but until then...

My F59062 battery died again (3+ years isn't bad) and I was going to be bummed until I got it back when I sent it to Wilton, CT to get serviced. Tripped over the ebay post above. I was going out of the country and did the "Clear pictures, from a real watch shop, with a guarantee, OY!" So I went ahead and got it to pick up when I got back home. I've been told the gold digital readout is one of the hardest things to copy so if it's gold numbers, it's real (this is from Tourneau) That was five/six years ago.

Here's the watch shop:
https://watchesetc.com/information

Well, riggin' friggin', blast, drat, dirty laundry. There is a watchescosy site with a chinese extension that has breitling-aerospace-f65062-mens.html that is showing the exact watch from the ebay listing. I'm really going to kick myself in the butt (explicative deleted) if this is a copy. Especially if they won't honour the return.

Anyone see any real issue with the thing? I'm wearing my Citizen automatic today so this is on my nightstand at home. I'll take pics tonight if I don't hear back from the shop.

Thanks
DanH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Their answer to my concern (I feel better about it already but still taking it to Tourneau):
Good morning.

You can do what you like, but you should know that we put
that rubber Breitling strap on the watch before listing it for sale. It
came in as the head only, and we had an extra Breitling strap to put on it.
Like I said, you do what you want, but I can assure you it's 100%
legitimate. We've been dealing in high-end Swiss watches for almost 30
years and do not sell anything that is not authentic.

Thanks

-djpropel

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No good fakes of the Aerospace, its simplicity of style is difficult to pull off.
Thanks. That's what I was/am hoping and with a similar known good one to have side by side I cannot see issues that stand out. Just got spooked.
I appreciate your time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts