WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.finwatchstraps.com

I recently ordered a leather strap from this company. The prices seemed fair - not cheap but not high, if the quality is there. This strap is for my Blancpain Bathyscape; yes, a dive watch with a leather strap! I don't dive or live near the ocean:) I'll break this down to 2 parts. First the strap and company experience and second to the fitment with my Bathy.

The Strap:
The leather is AMAZING and the softest I have felt. Much nicer than the 7$ amazon special that I've had for the past couple of years... I ordered suede, vintage leather / Crazy cow in 23mm. It came in about 2 weeks from Finland in a nice burlap bag - nice touch. The pins aren't as nice as the Blancpain pins but they are more than sufficient and definitely not cheap. The clasp is good quality also but a little generic. I don't consider this a con since they are making aftermarket straps not designed specifically for any watch. The clasp color is kind of a gunmetal gray. On my wrist, this is by far the most comfortable leather strap on day one that I have ever experienced. back to the leather.... I can't say enough about how soft and amazing it is. It's like an old leather that you hope ages just like this over 100 years. The description says sued but the pictures reflect more of an aged leather vs an alcantara texture on the material in sports cars that I think of. The minimal stitching is tight and a grey that matches the included clasp perfectly. Sometimes reviews go on and on... I don't know what else to write other than this product is very nice and came exactly as represented on their website.

Customer Service:
I did email them with a question post sale and they were prompt in responding with proper English. I couldn't tell from the interaction that I was dealing with someone in Finland. My question was about making a strap that went from 23mm at the lugs to 22mm to potentially use a deployment clasp. They confidently added that it would be simple to let them know any specific measurements and they would be happy to make to my specs. Upon ordering, I got a conformation email instantly. The tracking number came about a day later and was exactly what you'd expect to elicit confidence in sending money to another country.

Blancpain fitment:
This isn't ideal the way I ordered. Let me be very clear in that I received a product that was EXACTLY what I ordered so this is no reflection on Finwatchstraps; their product is 100% as represented. My old aftermarket strap was 23mm at the lugs and 22mm at the clasp. Because of this I cannot reuse my Blancpain clasp. I can squeeze in on there but the metal would destroy the leather being too tight when scraping to put it on and remove it. My cheap amazon strap tapers and I just never considered this. I'll be ordering again with a 23mm to 22mm taper to replace this one. The color of the clasp and grey stitching match the Blancpain PERFECTLY and I was very happy about this. Also - the 23mm is a perfect 23mm at the lugs where my old one was about 22.5mm so this fits the lugs much, much better.

Bottom Line:
I love this strap and highly recommend them for their quality and level of customer service.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice job finding a strap that fits!!! It's nearly impossible to find anything that works on those lugs.

The strap looks really good and the vintage finish really plays well with the Bathy!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job finding a strap that fits!!! It's nearly impossible to find anything that works on those lugs.

The strap looks really good and the vintage finish really plays well with the Bathy!
Thanks. I get the impression that the people responding to emails at this company are/is the person/people actually making the straps. I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to them for anything; even something specific not listed on their site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts