WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get more information about a Ball Fireman watch that I am scoping to buy. The seller doesn't have a lot of information about the watch, it was traded in to a jeweler, so the history is a bit foggy. I have the serial number and other markings but don't know how to track it down.

The watch is 43mm, black dial, orange numerals, with date (no day), on bracelet. I think it might be the second generation, but the owner thinks it is first generation. How can I tell the difference?

Thanks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Answer #1: It doesn't matter, they're both awesome watches. Buy it if you like it (and the price).

Answer #2: The second generation doesn't have a model with orange numerals, so you're probably looking at a first gen watch. Fireman I has arabic numerals on every hour; Fireman II just has numbers at 6, 9, & 12.

A quick Google image search on "ball fireman" yields photo examples of both. I believe you can tell which is which based on answer #2 above.

Hope that helps! Please post pics if/when you consummate your purchase.

Best,
Paul

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
There are photos of both up in our photo album.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't there any collective memory on this site?! There is a "wonderful" (read: "I wrote it!") comparison of the two generations of the Fireman here:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f239/due...d-generation-ball-fireman-watches-286027.html

I love them both--you can't go wrong with either.
Awesome writeup and great pictures. Thank you, that we very helpful.

I did and still prefer the Fireman I over the Fireman II, even though I'm not crazy about the mustard yellow accents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts