WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please.

I have a 2 week old Ball Fireman 40mm.

I have wound the watch 100 turns just to make sure it is fully wound.

It ran for 28 hours on the first test and 30 hours on the second.

That seems very short to me.

How long should it run for ?

The test was fully wind (100 turns) and then leave untouched on my deak dial up.

Have I got a problem with my fireman ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
You are assuming that 100 turns is a full wind. I don't know if that is the case.
In any event, the watch is designed to wind itself while being worn, so the power reserve only needs to be around 8-10 hours. After that it will self wind while you are wearing it. I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
100 winds is enough for full power reserve. Since it is an automatic and has a clutch, you wouldn't be able to damage the movement by over winding. My night train is on the way, so I can't tell you what the power reserve is for that one.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
should run 38 hours. return that baby!

What a company! Jeff, I too have a problem...my watch has gained 6 seconds in 7 days. My problem you ask? I now hate all my other watches. And i am not even trying to lay it down at nite or anything. Heck, I never take it off except to bathe and exercise.

I continue to be amazed and impressed by Ball USA.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
My problem you ask? I now hate all my other watches.
Hi Scott,

That's a serious problem. You shouldn't hate your other watches. That's just wrong.

Please send me your Ball watch. I will take excellent care of it, and love it as if it was my own(which it will be when you send it). You'll be happy that your Ball watch found a loving new home, and you'll be able to love your other watches again. :-!

:-d

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Hi Scott,

That's a serious problem. You shouldn't hate your other watches. That's just wrong.

Please send me your Ball watch. I will take excellent care of it, and love it as if it was my own(which it will be when you send it). You'll be happy that your Ball watch found a loving new home, and you'll be able to love your other watches again. :-!

:-d

I don't really hate my other watches. I have several faves, but the Ball, like my Anonimo, moved right to the top of my list. I really just love the Ball Moonphase, and love waking up and seeing the moon in the dark.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I don't really hate my other watches. I have several faves, but the Ball, like my Anonimo, moved right to the top of my list. I really just love the Ball Moonphase, and love waking up and seeing the moon in the dark.
Hi Scott,

Sorry if you thought I was being serious. I was just messing with you.

;-)

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I was messing right back...tomorrow on Halloween, I will try to hock some of my early quartz collection, including a Croton LED. Everything must go...we are INSANE (Crazy Eddy)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ahhhhh,

Bliss.

I have just had a run of 44 hours 5 Mins. from a full wind on my Fireman.

Problem .... What problem ?

Dammit ! It's a ball watch .. They don't have problems !

That's why I have just ordered my second Ball Watch - A Moonphase.

So I am going to be the very happy and proud owner of Two balls shortly.

I wonder if my wife will mind ?

And just to make things even more amazing ... A friend has just ordered an Ohio .. He has never seen a Ball Watch .. But he heard about mine and saw pictures and decided he needed one also.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Glad things are ok with Ball #1. And welcome to the land of Ball Moonies. We need a crescent smiley please:-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts