WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't go much in this section of forum since i don't buy high end watches. But my family went crazy and decided that i need one high end piece for my 40th birthday. I already posted this topic in Public forum, so i'll just post a link here so you can see what kind of watches i already have:
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/help-me-pick-my-best-watch-until-today-5056439.html

I think you guys are very qualified to suggest what kind of watches should i check but you probably don't go in Public forum a lot? My budget is around 10.000,00 eur max.

- 38 - 42mm (6,75 inch wrist)
- no divers
- in house movement (preferably crystal case back)
- Good looking on bracelet or straps
- wearable in many occasions (casual, smart,...)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have at least 3 JLC models to see in person. How hard it is to set the moon on the watch every time if you don't wear the watch all the time?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
You have two options to correctly set the date and moon phase after the watch as stopped. First you can simply advance the hour hand until it indicates the correct date and am/pm. This will correct he moon phase at the same time. Second you can use the pusher at 4:00 to advance the moon phase and the pusher at 8:00 to advance the date. JLC has an app that will show a image of the correct moon phase each day. Here is a link to a discussion on this site: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f419/new-jlc-mut-moon-owner-need-help-setting-time-date-moon-4393330.html

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts
When you include the bracelet requirement, yeah, you thin things a fair bit. Cartier Tank or Santos, GP Laureato. Check the Bulgari Octo line? The Finissimos are the rage, and you're getting the credibility of an ultra-thin movement. Size...I think the Finissimos are pretty consistently 41s. Some of the other lines have 38s. One of my personal favorite watches, visually, is the Ultranero model...black case, dial, bracelet, rose gold indices, hands, crown. Gorgeous, and I think it's in your budget.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I didn't see you specify new or used. That could make a big impact. I really like the JLC line for in-house. There are a lot of great pieces new and used you can get in your price range. The fewer the complications the easier to set and go. I would go for a less complicated watch and maybe go for a precious metal and a matching deployant.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can recommend the black MUT Moon. Buy grey or used and you’re set.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't buy used, sorry. It must be a new watch. Right now, i'm considering Zenith El Primero Chrono and Classic Defy blue, Omega Speedy Pro and couple Grand Seiko.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I can't buy used, sorry. It must be a new watch. Right now, i'm considering Zenith El Primero Chrono and Classic Defy blue, Omega Speedy Pro and couple Grand Seiko.
Technically those are all mid tier, not high end. In any case, I agree that you should be giving serious consideration to a Zenith El Pimero based watch. They’re the greatest chrono you can get. They feel absolutely wonderful to wear and use. The movement itself is nice to look at as you can see most of the workings of the chrono. They have terrific history and represent a pivotal moment in watchmaking linking the old to the new world of horlogerie. Any El Primero based watch on your wrist will be a terrific experience, I guarantee it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I read you don't want preowned, but that budget I don't know of much better than the Rolex DateJust 41, new will be over the budget, but it's a timeless classic. DJ41 is not really 41mm its about 39mm so it would look great for your wrist size. Good Luck and whatever you get, enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'll echo the JLC master geographic - I daily wear one with the OEM metal bracelet. The bracelet is great because it has a double rolex easy link style micro extension. One "easy link" on each side of the butterfly clasp.

I have leather straps to swap for for the winter. But its been a fantastic high end daily wear for me.

1350623.png.crop.240.360.high.white.jpeg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts