WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all once again,

Although I teased you gents by joining this forum, casting about some mildly witty mutterings, getting brilliant "Welcomes" from all and sundry, I then scurried away after some cryptic comments about obtaining a Voyager Power Reserve GMT as my first Ball. All apologies,but life took over, moved into new digs, had to attend to the mundane for awhile.<| Well, I have had the watch for a bit under two months and am more enamored with it than any of the mutiplicity of automatics that I have had over the years|>--and there have been some pretty nifty ones. The detail on the dial, the overall aesthetics, the accuracy--I"m in as a Ball devotee! The funny thing is, that I am not particularly keen on the black dial version of this watch, which is what I have seen exclusively. This is the only white face that I have yet to run across--and it is mine, all mine.....evil laughing echos off the dungeon walls...........Enjoy the photos. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And finally, to those few of you out there who actually own one of these beauties: I find that it takes excessive motion to make the power reserve actually increase. I can wear it all day and it will essentially stay in the same position unless I move my arm about like a wildman or wind it manually. Never had an ETA based movement that was this stiff to wind. :-sNormal for the movement/Ball 9035 calibre or?????? What is your experience?

Thanks all

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hey strummonkey,
Welcome back. That's a very nice looking watch... very nice! But yeah, I noticed the power reserve looks like it doesn't get the wrist time it deserves. I don't own a power reserve watch, so I can't comment on the "stiffness." However, I'm assuming from your name that you may be a guitarist. If so, how about playing left-handed. Thought ought to give you some powerful winding on that Voyager!

Thanks for posting and showing us a watch that we don't see often on the forum.

Mitch

·
Registered
965 Posts
Very nice piece - I've always liked the Voyager PR GMT. I also like the white dial more than the black dial, and you are right, the white dial version of this one is all the more elusive. The only time I've seen it on WUS was maybe once in the FS forum a LONG time ago.

Enjoy it and wear it in good heath.

Regards,
-Jeff

·
Registered
21 Posts
:-! Great watch

Although I teased you gents by joining this forum, casting about some mildly witty mutterings, getting brilliant "Welcomes" from all and sundry, I then scurried away after some cryptic comments about obtaining a Voyager Power Reserve GMT as my first Ball. All apologies,but life took over, moved into new digs, had to attend to the mundane for awhile.<| Well, I have had the watch for a bit under two months and am more enamored with it than any of the mutiplicity of automatics that I have had over the years|>--and there have been some pretty nifty ones. The detail on the dial, the overall aesthetics, the accuracy--I"m in as a Ball devotee! The funny thing is, that I am not particularly keen on the black dial version of this watch, which is what I have seen exclusively. This is the only white face that I have yet to run across--and it is mine, all mine.....evil laughing echos off the dungeon walls...........Enjoy the photos. Cheers[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
620 Posts
Welcome back N.S.M. Great to see some nice shots of the Voyager.
Like Jeff said earlier, the white dial version is by far the better looking of the two.

Please dont feel shy in posting some more shots of your pride and joy...a couple of wristys and some lume shots would go down a treat :-!

·
Banned
192 Posts
Didn't know there was a white dialed version. I still like my black dial and red GMT / Power Reserve hands.

You are correct, the PR does not gain much time throughout the day. Maybe with a lot of wear it will get better.:-!

·
Registered
17 Posts
All you can say is BEAUTIFUL and CONGRATS |>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts