WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After not wearing a watch for years, I got one and realized I really like wearing a watch. I'd like to get a simple, classic dive-style watch. (I actually do dive, but I want the watch for fashion, not diving.) I have really small wrists, so I'm looking for something with a case diameter of less than 32mm (ideally 27-28mm).

I'd prefer a quartz movement because I think it will be easier for me to keep time. Also I'd like to spend < $200.

So far I've found the Momentum M1 and the Invicta 8939. I love how the Invicta looks, and I like that the face is 25mm compared with the 32mm M1, but I feel weird about it since the design is so similar to the Rolex Submariner. Apparently Rolex doesn't make such a small Submariner, and most of the dive watches I've seen seem to copy the design in some way, still....

Are there any other <30mm dive watches out there? I did do a board search, but couldn't find many.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also found a couple other Invicta designs (7059) that have the same case design but a slightly different face. (but then, I wonder what watch designs these might be copying....?)

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
I was looking for a small diver for my wife, but more sporty, ie the one by Citizen that has a blk. rubber strap...she also has small wrists also prefers undr 30mm.Not easy. I like both of the watches you pictured...Invicta more...I like the bracelet.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
I like the look of the Momentum, but i have no input as for anything else... sorry.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Momentum M1 all the way. I have the mens blue dialed version, great solid watch for the $$$. My ex, I had purchased her 2 of them, the ladies pink dial and black dial. She did everything... and I mean everything ;) with them on. They took it all without an issue ever. They kept fantastic time (as a quartz should), bezels were always smooth, crown is very smooth to screw and unsrew. My only dislike is the lack of EYE BLINDING lume. Aside from the the lume, for around $150, you have an amazing little timepiece that can be shipped back and inspected as well as having the warranty extended for up to 6 years I believe. GET ONE!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input! So hard to decide. I also prefer the bracelet on the Invicta. Do you think I could get the Momentum and change the bracelet out for one with squarish links like on the Invicta? I wonder if it might be difficult since there seem to be so few watches of this style/size in the first place.

Here is the picture of the other Invicta I found (7059). I don't like the face as much, the design seems crowded and not as elegant as the 8939, but it is slightly different from the submariner, so not as much an exact copy.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts