WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I've been with Tag Heuer for a long time and have decided to try something more functional with an alarm and techie features which brought me to this forum and thus after going through some pictures and reviews....I've purchased an MTG-1000 on ebay last night for $360 from joynetcafe. I'm assuming based on their feedback that they are authentic. The price was right, a bit high for a G-Shock but was willing to pay for something that was in between classy and casual. The hybrid plastic/metal pieces looked a little weird at first, as if I can't decide between what I like... I guess in this case, it's true. The hybrid style seems to be in now days.

Has anyone purchased from joynetcafe and know if they are authentic?
What's the sentiment so far on this watch? I know some has said that the prices for a used piece has dropped to sub $100, after paying $360 for a new one, not sure if that was the right thing to do since I've purchased it sight unseen, the resale value isn't there. If I don't like it, I'm stuck with a $400 paper weight.

The other watch I've looked at was the PAW-1200 which seemed like it has everything I want in a watch but without the style.

It would be good to hear some good and bads from fellow MTG 1000 enthusiasts.

Jack

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
These are beautiful:

They are quite functional, with alarm, countdown timer, and stopwatch. I've heard nothing but good things from those that own this (I confess I do not own one :)). Especially the fit/finish/details. Did you notice that the 4 slotted screws around the bezel are indexed to kind of surround the bezel? Kind of like this:
/\
\/

The price seems a little high, but not unreasonable. I can see on one ebay for a buy it now of $325 w/free shipping if you live in the states. This could all be moot if you are not in the US.

And which color (red or gold) did you get??

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I'm an owner. I like the watch a lot. Few drawbacks. Lum could be better or it could have a light, that's typical with Casio however. I don't recall dealing with that seller but if you got it on eBay you're protected from fraud so that's good.

Enjoy the watch.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Personally I think, and cal .45 would agree, that using tritium tubes would take care of the lume problem ;-). Awesome looking watch btw :-!.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I would LOVE to see a casio with tritium on it. I got them on a luminox and my gun sights, they are very nice.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Only 3 negatives here (I don't have this model but rather a plastic blue variant) :

- lume
- difficulty reading elapsed time in stopwatch mode
- no CDT

Other than that... lots to like... another "slight" complaint is that it's not intuitive... you'll have to read the manual to figure out all the functions and even than you'll need some time to get used to tham...

Still, a gorgeous watch! Wear it in good health mate!:-!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Only 3 negatives here (I don't have this model but rather a plastic blue variant) :

- lume
- difficulty reading elapsed time in stopwatch mode
- no CDT

Other than that... lots to like... another "slight" complaint is that it's not intuitive... you'll have to read the manual to figure out all the functions and even than you'll need some time to get used to tham...

Still, a gorgeous watch! Wear it in good health mate!:-!
If you're talking about the MTG-1000 you're wrong on the CDT. They do have a CDT. It might be hard to read but it's there.

I don't have an English manual for the watch but having a couple of Giez lent to me figuring out how to work it pretty readily. I'm sure there are a few things I have yet to figure out but standard functions are pretty clear cut.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Brian D, I had the yellow version of that Luminox for years, have since passed it on to my dad who loves it. Below is my current Luminox and I like it even more.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where'd you get 325 shipped. I'm in the states but couldn't find it on ebay.
i've already paid 360 so I've overpaid, but if it's that good , I don't mind.
next time i know to ask you guys before doing anything.
I'll post a review a week after i wear it.

btw. what do you guys use the CDT for? just curious.

thanks
Jack

·
Registered
747 Posts
Excellent choice! :-!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
where'd you get 325 shipped. I'm in the states but couldn't find it on ebay.
i've already paid 360 so I've overpaid, but if it's that good , I don't mind.
next time i know to ask you guys before doing anything.
I'll post a review a week after i wear it.

btw. what do you guys use the CDT for? just curious.

thanks
Jack
See here. It doesn't turn up on a normal search, because they've listed the full model number, not just "mtg-1000". :) :-!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the link. that's an awesome price!
not sure if it's fake not since he's doesn't sell a lot of watches.
i guess i'll need some help with instructions on how to use it when i get it.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Brian D, I had the yellow version of that Luminox for years, have since passed it on to my dad who loves it. Below is my current Luminox and I like it even more.
Interesting green. A member, ChrisB I believe, has the orange Evo model of the Luminox.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Interesting green. A member, ChrisB I believe, has the orange Evo model of the Luminox.
The hour markers are green too, the hands and the 12 marker are blue though. Nice touch. The entire line "ColorMark" I think is like that. They have orange, yellow, blue and white.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts