WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First post here! I’ll be first to admit that I am not a great watch connoisseur – only watch that I own at the moment is a Seiko Spirit SCVS003. As much as I love the watch, it’s just a tad too “dressy” for me (I’m only 19 by the way). So after much hunting around, I’ve decided that I would like to purchase a Casio G-Shock next – specifically the DW-5600 model. Now I do like the look of the basic model in this range (DW-5600E-V1) but I am a sucker for special editions. So, can anyone recommend me a watch of this model (my preference is that it should be casual looking, maybe with a subtle edge and not too bold like the “Crazy colours” collection)? I’m from the UK (as you can probably gather from my spelling!) and to my knowledge I don’t think this model is widely available here. Models I like the look of include the basic model itself (cheapest I can probably get it for is around $60), DW-5600FS-3JF (made famous by some guy in a Japanese drama -way out of my price point though) and the Fifa 2006 one (missed the boat on this one for a bargain). Oh and I forgot to add that my maximum budget would be around £65-70 or around $120. Also, do you think it would be best just to go with the DW-5600E-V1?
Thank you :thanks

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum. the dw5600 might still be avaible from amazon for 30 us dollars hard to beat. as far as not your normal 5600 how about this one. dw5600cs

·
Registered
888 Posts
just off the top of my head heres a few suggestions:

DW-5600E: inexpensive, basic, classic, great daily wearer
DW-5600C: if you only own 1 g-shock, this should be it. (you'll have to buy a used one, since these are out of production)
DW-5000SL: the next big special edition release, is on everybody around here's wish list
GW-M5600: if you want a solar/atomic watch, this is the way to go

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
How about this one....?

<GW-M5600R-1JF>
whats the price on this one. is it within his range on 120. I like this one much better than the crazy color orange and cant beat the features.

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
whats the price on this one. is it within his range on 120. I like this one much better than the crazy color orange and cant beat the features.
Nope, but I still recommend it...;-)

Fork out a bit more and get the one with the most features I say...:-!

·
Registered
689 Posts
you need the ultimate 5600 than.

GWM5600BC-1

this baby is atomic solar, which means you will never have to worry about the battery life and the accuracy of the time will be really damn good.

hefty price tag, but i believe it is all worth it.

and it's got a braclet composite strap, something different.

·
Registered
672 Posts
hi & welcome.. i'm with the guys above... shell out a bit more for the GW-M5600 series... there's no looking back :-!

Else, i'd say that the current Eric Haze edition looks pretty cool b-)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Not a great watch connoisseur, and you have a Seiko Spirit SCVS003 - a watch generally bought by watch connoisseurs. :)

My finger has hovered over the buy button many times, and I can't imagine not buying one at some point. One of the great contemporary designs.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts

+2
GW-M5600 is the one. You'll find the DW-5600E sells for around £50 in the UK if you can find one (or import one for much less). For just a few quid more you get solar, multi-band atomic, auto backlight, 5 alarms and world time, all features you don't get on the basic 5600.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
no doubt the m5600 beats the 5600e in features, i am wearing the "M" right now. but i also think its a quite different watch from the "E".

the e is more classic, mainly cause of the old digits style, the non solar panel, the old style loud and warmer beep sound, the brighter light, 20 seconds of alarm, 24 hr cdt, flash alarm, ...

both are great in their own way, if i only could choose one i take the E, but lucky i can use both at the moment. and mostly wear the M these days.

:think:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the replies – I’m overwhelmed. I do like the “classical” look and touches of the DW-5600e but at the same time, some of the GW-M5600 models that you guys have posted are very tempting indeed. Is it worth forking out a premium for the solar atomic function (bearing in mind I can get the DW-5600E-V1 from XcelWatches for $62.95 shipped to the UK)?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Is it worth forking out a premium for the solar atomic function (bearing in mind I can get the DW-5600E-V1 from XcelWatches for $62.95 shipped to the UK)?
I wouldn't personally, but I would be in a minority. The 5600E does things the atomic solar versions can't - like showing the current time in stopwatch and countdown modes, and having more than a one-hour countdown timer. Neither solar power or atomic sync are necessary, even if some may find them desirable. Casio usually cuts out what were once regarded as standard features when introducing atomic sync.

·
Registered
377 Posts
There are a few set of the Fifas on the sales page. You can both inside your price range. DW-5600WC-1ER and the DW-6900WCJ-9ER.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn't personally, but I would be in a minority. The 5600E does things the atomic solar versions can't - like showing the current time in stopwatch and countdown modes, and having more than a one-hour countdown timer. Neither solar power or atomic sync are necessary, even if some may find them desirable. Casio usually cuts out what were once regarded as standard features when introducing atomic sync.
Thanks for the advice. I'm still in two minds but will make my mind up in the next couple of days. I'm sure whatever I go for, I won't be disappointed! Keep those recommendations coming though!

There are a few set of the Fifas on the sales page. You can both inside your price range. DW-5600WC-1ER and the DW-6900WCJ-9ER.
Thanks for that - not really keen on the DW-6900 though (the seller is selling them as a pair I think).

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
That's why I'm torn over which to suggest. I'm really not sure which I'd keep if I had to choose one over the other. I love the GW-M5600's modern features, but whereas I might acually need a longer CDT, I'll never really need atomic or solar features. Having said that, if I could only have one digital watch of any description, it would probably be an atomic one.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts