WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been looking around for a few months now for my first real watch, and after going through a lot of brands I came to IWC and kinda got stuck here. The dials are amazingly pretty - only other brand that I liked as much was JLC, but that is beyond my price point :).
Ok now for the question - I have (almost) settled on the Portfino chrono 3910 ( IWC Schaffhausen | Fine Timepieces From Switzerland | Collection | Portofino Family | Portofino Chronograph ) as the white dial is simply awesome. Thinking of getting it in a brown leather strap as that accentuates the dial I think.
Do I need to consider movements/complexity before getting this watch? I'm not much of an expert on watches, and if there are any glaring 'misses' in this watch I would like to know before plonking for it!
Also, any advice on where I can source it? I stay in Hong Kong and boutiques here are spoiled by the Chinese demand and don't really offer much discount. Any online AD that is recommended?
Thanks much! Ani

·
Registered
209 Posts
This was my first IWC too.
Go for it!

Buy what is within your budget.
If you can stretch it a little, the Portuguese Chrono is a worthy consideration too. Except it has no date.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts