WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to buy my first JLC watch (my first luxury watch) and I'm trying to decide between 3 watches. And I'm trying to see which watch will be best for me.

1. JLC Navy Seal Alarm (little over $7000)

2. JLC Master Compressor Memovox from 2006 ($6000)

3. JLC Master Compressor GMT (ard $5500)

It's Navy seal too thick to be worn with shirt and tie? I like all 3 watches. What are pros and cons about the watches.

Thank You

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tough choice. For me, it'd be between the Memovox and GMT. The NSA is a little bit too big and too thick to be dressed up.

The GMT and Memovox are both beautiful and offer great complications. However, the Memovox can only be bought pre-owned. So it comes down to: Is the Memovox so much better than the GMT that you'd rather buy it used than the GMT new?

Good luck though.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
None of your three choices are "dress watches" (you mentioned too thick to be worn with shirt and tie) so it depends on what type of watch you want and when you intend to wear it. Will it fill the niche between dress and sport? Will you wear it with jeans or a shirt and tie or both? They are all beautiful watches each with a style of their own so I suggest you try them all on and buy the one that "sings" the loudest to you. No matter which one you choose you can't go wrong with a JLC.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You've chosen two with alarms and one with dual time zones. Which function will you use most often? Do you travel a lot, need an alarm to remind you often? Do you wear casual clothes or suits more often? These are the questions you need to ask yourself. Also, wrt the 2006 watch, it probably needs servicing soon if it hasn't already been done yet. I've read that servicing a JLC is close to $1,000 (ouch). In the end though, you'll probably just pick the one that looks best to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts