WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide between these references. I love the look of the MP version with the splash of blue colour, but am also drawn to the simplicity and understatedness (is that a word??) of the 101.022.

I feel that I might be able to wear the 101.022 more often, as its perhaps a little less showy?

Is there anything interesting about the 101.022 that is worth knowing, eg. production numbers, desirability? They seem to command similar prices to the red gold moonphases these days in the secondary market.

All comments welcomed!

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Material property
Watch Brown Analog watch Rectangle Clock

·
Registered
66 Posts
Unless you have another great watch with a moon phase, I would go with a moon phase. Lange is a complicated watch in itself from the beginning. While I also like the aesthetical peacefulness of 101.022, I personally would regret that I didn't go for a moon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love the simpler one. That’s my general tendency though and at least for me I’m not as keen on the gold indices and so forth. I could do the case in gold but for me at least it’s a lot of gold. I’m plus minus on the mop phase. Definitely a cool complication. But love the straightforward approach on the non moon phase option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To be honest I'm not sure. I purchased it from Alp w/out box and papers, but the movement was acting funny when I received it and so something must have happened during transit so it's been off for service for awhile now.

It really is stunning in person. I've see a lot of watches and AL&S pieces, but this piece to me is still the most beautiful that I've handled

·
Registered
12 Posts
What are the first 3 digits of the caseback number and the movement number? Then we can date the year to a good approximation.

And what are "MIG details"? Does that have something to do with "Made In Germany"?
case 128
movement 169

Yes, early 'made in Germany' like you mention. I'm sure you've read this article Lange 1 - Made in Germany

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
case 128
movement 169

Yes, early 'made in Germany' like you mention. I'm sure you've read this article Lange 1 - Made in Germany
Thanks for sharing that article. I hadn't seen or heard about it before, though I do see that the "MIG" difference was mentioned in the older "&Larry" piece about Lange's fonts. I had read the "&Larry" piece several years ago but didn't remember the details.

It'll be interesting to see if the "MIG" observation will get any traction in the marketplace or if it'll just be a casual observation of minor interest, like counting the number of bees on an old Chopard LUC caseback.

A Lange with case 128xxx and movement 16xxx was made around 1998-99. Vintage! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for sharing that article. I hadn't seen or heard about it before, though I do see that the "MIG" difference was mentioned in the older "&Larry" piece about Lange's fonts. I had read the "&Larry" piece several years ago but didn't remember the details.

It'll be interesting to see if the "MIG" observation will get any traction in the marketplace or if it'll just be a casual observation of minor interest, like counting the number of bees on an old Chopard LUC caseback.

A Lange with case 128xxx and movement 16xxx was made around 1998-99. Vintage! :)
Funny enough whenever I know see a older looking L1 I always find myself looking to see if the letter M in 'Made' sits before or after the 33 min mark.

Didn't know that about the Chopard bee's!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
Funny enough whenever I know see a older looking L1 I always find myself looking to see if the letter M in 'Made' sits before or after the 33 min mark.

Didn't know that about the Chopard bee's!! Thanks for sharing.
Well if you ever get into Langematik movements, you might be looking at the decorative perlage circles to see if they're the smaller circles from the earlier movements or the larger, more common, later circles. :)

And here are 41 bees:
Motor vehicle Font Gas Rim Circle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well if you ever get into Langematik movements, you might be looking at the decorative perlage circles to see if they're smaller circles from the earlier movements or the more common later, larger circles. :)
I'm actually looking for a 301.027. I think the no date version will suit my smaller wrist better than the date version.

I had no idea about that..thanks for the insight!:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts