WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first Omega....an Aqua Terra with a black dial in the 38.5mm size. I went with the Aqua Terra because I wear a suit during the week and jeans/shorts/etc. on the weekend. This watch goes with everything and looks great! I really like the 38.5mm size. It's so comfortable and yet feels substantial on the wrist. I went with the black dial over the Skyfall blue because I already have a Tag Heuer with a beautiful blue dial and I wasn't big on the date window in black with a blue dial. It seems unbalanced to me. I haven't seen a lot written or many videos on the black dial, I am assuming because the blue is so popular. The black dial in the store under the lighting made my knees weak. It's color can change from a light grey to a deep charcoal depending upon the lighting.

I decided to pull the trigger now because the new master coaxial Aqua Terra with the polished center links and missing date frame didn't appeal to me. I realize that Omega needs to make the new master coaxial distinguished from the older version but why polished links and remove the date frame? I can only surmize that the date change was made because there was feedback on the date frame creating a shadow over the date. To me it seems a little plain in comparison to having the date frame. I don't mind polished links on a Rolex bracelet because the links are more proportioned in size, but with the center link being two-thirds of the width of the bracelet it seems a little blingy and a scratch magnet on my wrist for sure.

I will post some pictures of the black dial as soon as the lenses for my camera come in to take some decent pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on a great pickup. I think every version of this watch looks great. I agree--there seems to be less out there about the black dial, but it is outstanding in its own right, and I'm sure you are right that your choice will be versatile. I enjoy the blue I have, but really every color is remarkable.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Very nice score! I think I like the black more than the grey. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Well done! Congrats on a great looking watch! Welcome to the club

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a very versatile wear. Congrats on your Aqua Terra!

·
Premium Member
40,688 Posts
Beautiful watch. I was close to getting one recently. The 38.5 size works well for a watch of this style

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd love a Speedy next, but I'm too tall to sleep on the sofa so I think I'll wait on that for a little while......

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Congrats on your AT.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats! I got one for Christmas but went with the grey dial. Enjoy sir, enjoy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts