WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying my first watch over 1k and making it an Oris. The Aquis caught my eye and I'm wondering if the titanium model ever came with a ceramic bezel? I'm really liking the blue ceramic Aquis in SS but I love titanium

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I believe the new Aquis line come only with ceramic or tungsten bezels. Tungsten carbide looks metallic but it's as hard as the standard ceramic bezels (maybe even harder).

·
Registered
857 Posts
the Oris Aquis you are eyeing is a great pick..
ive got my eyes set on it...but just cant justify another diver in my collection
goodluck

·
Premium Member
60,706 Posts
The Aquis Titan Small Seconds comes in DLC with a black ceramic bezel, plain Ti with a black ceramic bezel or plain Ti with a tungsten bezel. If you want another colour bezel or hands you will need to go for the steel Aquis range which also have tungsten or ceramic bezels.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Aquis Titan Small Seconds comes in DLC with a black ceramic bezel, plain Ti with a black ceramic bezel or plain Ti with a tungsten bezel. If you want another colour bezel or hands you will need to go for the steel Aquis range which also have tungsten or ceramic bezels.
I was under the impression they were black ion plated bezels per what I read on some of the grey market dealers sites. Ive read the Oris.ch web page and it says ceramic but it doesn't look like it when I directly compare the SS aquis ceramic bezel and a titan ceramic bezel. the bezel on the SS model is much smoother and what you would normally see with ceramics.

·
Premium Member
60,706 Posts
I had just assumed that some of the ceramic bezels were a bit shinier than others but now you've gone and put the thought in my head that only the dull ones are ceramic.

Just had a look in the Oris catalogue and the bezel is described as ceramic

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would assume a ceramic bezel would be matt and a tungsten shiny but that's a complete assumption with no background knowledge.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I would assume a ceramic bezel would be matt and a tungsten shiny but that's a complete assumption with no background knowledge.
Ceramic can be either. The ceramic bezel on my Aquis Maldives is matte, but the ceramic bezel on my Submariner 116610 has a glass-like polish to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts