WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, want to get my first Panerai but can't decide what size 42mm or 44mm. I will be getting the GMT 3day power reserve 01537 - 42mm or 01321 - 44mm.

Here are some pics on my first. Don't pay attention to the purple strap on the 42mm, thats what they had in store that day and not the strap that comes with the watch.

I like that it's easier to get aftermarket straps on the 44mm because it has 24mm lug width as opposed to 22mm on the 42mm. But I like the waffle dial on the 42mm. Let me know what you guys think...

42mm Pics
Wrist Fashion accessory Watch Ring Jewellery Hand Finger Finger Hand Leg Thumb Nail Hand Muscle Auto part Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory Ring Fashion accessory Jewellery Finger Hand Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist Analog watch

44mm Pics
Wrist Watch Arm Hand Finger Hand Arm Hand Finger Leg Joint Hand Technology Electronic device Finger Laptop Automotive exterior Vehicle door Hand Technology Windshield Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap Ring Fashion accessory Wrist Jewellery Finger

Side by Side Pics
Leg Hand Auto part Footwear Finger Leg Footwear Foot Ankle Toe Leg Foot Toe Ankle Footwear

Thanks for your advice!!!

Eugene

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
i bought a 44. an 01351. i would have been happier with a 42. it’s a large heavy watch already and its flat and broad design (as well as the protruding crown guard) accentuates its already huge size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35,894 Posts
44mil auto case Luminors wear bigger than 47mil in my opinion, and I have had, and still have both.

Looking at your shots I would go with the 42mil, unless you wanna go Rad, then without the lugs you should be ok with a 45mil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for responses guys, so does the 44mm look really bad on my wrist? Also does anyone have experience with how after,Arlen straps like gummy or toshi look in 22mm width as opposed to the standard 24mm that fit the 44mm panerais?

·
Registered
PAM24
519 Posts
Thanks for responses guys, so does the 44mm look really bad on my wrist? Also does anyone have experience with how after,Arlen straps like gummy or toshi look in 22mm width as opposed to the standard 24mm that fit the 44mm panerais?
44mm is nice but you might get sick of it after a while

·
Premium Member
Mostly Speedies
2,666 Posts
Not a fan of the PR indicator. I would go 1535 instead.

But IMO the 44 does not look big on your wrist. But I suspect it is not as comfortable as the 42.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Will this be a daily wearer or be used in rotation with other watches? I personally would go with the 44 mm. Panerai is supposed to be Big. It definitely looks better on your wrist than mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts