WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Absolutely mesmerizing. There is so much going on here, but it's so well-integrated that it never seems out of control. One of the best-designed divers of the past few years, IMHO. Classy yet all business. A dab of lume on the tail of the second hand would make it pretty much perfect.

489 101 bremont.jpg
689 102 bremont.jpg
489 103 bremont.jpg
488 102 bremont.jpg
494 101 bremont.jpg
494 102 bremont.jpg
488 101 bremont.jpg

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Re: First photos of my new Supermarine 500 on bracelet

Congratulations! The Supermarine 500 is a great watch.
I do understand what you mean about the seconds hand, you are not the first person I've heard who has said about it.

cheers.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

Congrats, awesome pickup!
Very distinct, classy, and easy on the eyes.

I agree, I don't like the non lumed seconds hand on any diver.
Great pics.

enjoy.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts

Oh dear, oh dear,... just commented on somebody's wrist-shot. And then you show yours.... great watch! I don't know yet if I care about the lack of lume on the seconds.

Do like it and also because of some reviews I have read. Please tell us some more in a couple of days if it's really that good. :)

·
Registered
969 Posts

Looks great! Nice shots! Congrats!
Any plans on getting the Bremont rubber strap for it?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Amazing watch Joe and congrats on such a fine acquisition. I'm saving up on one and hope to bring it home either soon by thinning my collection or wait till X-mas time.

Wear it in the best of health...

Cheers

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

Beautiful watch and equally awesome photos!

I've been looking into the blue-dialed Supermarine but keep going back and forth about it because of the non-lumed seconds hand. I keep thinking this might be something Bremont addresses in a future update to the watch and then it would be a no-brainer for me.

Congrats on a stunning watch. :p

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Here's how it has been with me: In the 10 days the Supermarine has been in my rotation, getting more than its share of wrist time, its seconds hand has never been used for any legitimate purpose in the dark. Just to see what it all looks like, yes. To use the watch's functions in any meaningful way, no. I still wish the hand had lume, but I now know that I can live with it the way it is and hardly even notice the lack of lume. I suspect that the lume will keep some people from enjoying one of the most enjoyable divers I've ever seen. But I also suspect that those who acquire one despite their lume misgivings won't regret the decision.

As for Bremont putting lume on the seconds hand, if they find that they are losing sales, they might. But hard data at this level are hard to come by and not very reliable. Anecdotal evidence such as posts on these forums could be the key.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Very comfortable bracelet. My SOP: Get the bracelet now and buy the rubber or silicon or leather or whatever later.

The difference in price between the watch with bracelet and the watch with rubber etc is rarely equal to the differenece in cost between the bracelet and the other strap if bought separately. In addition, while owners of a Bremont or any other watch have no choice but to buy a bracelet from the originating company if they want a precise fit at the watch case, no such need exists for straps made of other materials and owners are free to choose from many makers, some at lower and some at higher prices.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

Looks awesome --Congrats....

How is sizing the bracelet? Half links, enough
micro adjustments?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

In a word, no. It's hit and miss. One micro adjustment. No half links. But Bremont customer service is top-notch. Answered my questions immediately. If you run into trouble, they may have an answer. Bracelet links are held together by tiny screws that fit into the end of tubes whose other ends have tiny stationary screw heads. A bit tricky. My watch came with no tools and, as I say, the screw heads were tiny. Takes some coordination and patience.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

Takes some coordination and patience.
Or a nice local watchmaker!:-d

cheers.

·
Registered
994 Posts

That is just a super watch, dude! Great photos, too. IMO you've posted one of the best pics ever of the SM500 wrt that 3rd photo. It really shows off the case and lugs, which as we know are so unique. Very cool.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

In a word, no. It's hit and miss. One micro adjustment. No half links. But Bremont customer service is top-notch. Answered my questions immediately. If you run into trouble, they may have an answer. Bracelet links are held together by tiny screws that fit into the end of tubes whose other ends have tiny stationary screw heads. A bit tricky. My watch came with no tools and, as I say, the screw heads were tiny. Takes some coordination and patience.
========

Thanks---that's what I was afraid of....don't know why you wouldn't include a few micro adjustments...
Such a gorgeous watch...Congrats again...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts