WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on your first post, and welcome to WUS! The khaki is a terrific watch. And very versatile. Excellent choice. Wear it in good health.

·
Premium Member
4,584 Posts
Congrats on pulling the trigger of a Khaki Field Auto. The H-10 movement is a great movement. Keep us up to date on your delivery and initial impressions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations! I have a silver dial myself.

Are you waiting on international shipping? That’s a long wait. I always get impatient when a new purchase is in the mail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Congrats on your incoming Hamilton!

·
Registered
165 Posts
My first decent watch was a Hamilton for graduation so I have a lot of affinity for this brand. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My first decent watch was a Hamilton for graduation so I have a lot of affinity for this brand. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, i own some "higher end" watches like breitling ap abd jaeger but i always seem to come back to wanting this beauty

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice, i own some "higher end" watches like breitling ap abd jaeger but i always seem to come back to wanting this beauty
Cool - looking forward to the wrist shots. I also just noticed the Hamilton logo carved out on the rotor - that's a nice touch :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on the Hammy! The quality to cost ratio of a Hamilton is hard to beat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Never had one. If it will feel good i might get another one. Btw any ideas for additional straps i can get for it?

·
Registered
19,328 Posts
Congrats, nice choice for a Hamilton.

·
Registered
19,328 Posts
Thanks, i was eyeing this watch for a LONG time. I just hope it will arive eventually..

I always have this one in my wishlist but I can't get over its 5 bar water-resistance rating. It's simply not enough for me to feel comfortable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I always have this one in my wishlist but I can't get over its 5 bar water-resistance rating. It's simply not enough for me to feel comfortable.
The one i bought has 10 bar but in any way even if the watch you want had 1000 bar it wouldn't matter because the leather would get ruined anyway.

·
Registered
19,328 Posts
The one i bought has 10 bar but in any way even if the watch you want had 1000 bar it wouldn't matter because the leather would get ruined anyway.

No worry about the leather strap, I already have a rubber strap ready. But why should a 5atm watch need a nice, thick rubber strap while I can't wear it in the swimming pool?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Never had one. If it will feel good i might get another one. Btw any ideas for additional straps i can get for it?

The Khaki works well on pretty much any leather strap (or NATO). There are probably great examples of stainless or rubber straps, I just don't personally own any. I only wear leather straps with my Murph, but I've got probably a dozen brown/black straps of different styles. My wife has complimented the Murph thinking it was a new watch several times just because the strap was different.

Experiment with lots of straps and wear in good health!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I’ve gone swimming with my old one. I even left it outside for 3 days in -17 C (by accident) and it survived. I think the 100m khakis have had more problems with having a good deal than the 50m’s tbh.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts