WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. This is a great forum you guys have here.
So here goes..
Do I go with the SKX175? A classic diver in my opinion. Or an Atlas? Kinda gimmicky I know, but I love the look.
Your opinions are much appreciated. also feel free to make other suggestions as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Only my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions!)... The Atlas is a great watch, BUT like you said it's gimmicky. The "compass" bezel drove me crazy. Every time the bezel crown came in contact with my wrist, it moved around like Linda Blair's head in the Exorcist! I cured that with a small piece of 1/8" surgical tubing stretched over the crown & it gave it a friction fit between the crown & the guard. It was heavy & had a great bracelet, but in the end, I let it go. I tend to stay with the classic divers now. I absolutely love my 6309 (27 years old, still in original shape and keeps great time). The classics are easy to wear, easy to tell the time with, functional & always draw great comments. In the end, it comes down to your own personal taste & you'll never know unless you try them. The beauty of these watches is that if you don't like it for what ever reason (style wise), there are always buyers.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm a classics guy myself, so I also vote for the SKX175. And while I don't own an Atlas and I have never seen one in person, I was thinking that left-hand bezel would drive me nuts even before I read Snowback's rather hilarious story!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi Matt,
Welcome to the forum. I would go with the 175. It is clean cut, and simple. This is my taste, but it is totally up to you. I wonder whether or not you really need the compass function. I hope it helps.

Yogev

·
Registered
110 Posts
I guess I am partial to the SKX175 with the 7S26 movement. I am a recent Seiko convert from Citizen and have owned the Seiko diver for about a month and a half. I don't really care for the look of the other watch, it doesn't look gimmicky, just kinda ghey. Plus the whole bezel/compass thing. I would not trust a compass like that even for locating my a** or my elbow.
Plus the lumen from the Seiko will never disappoint. My accuracy after one month and a regulation by the AD, + 3 sec every 24 hours.
Form and function, baby, form and function |>

P.S. I have the jubilee bracelet and have heard from others that it sometimes will stretch. I am going to look into the oyster.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Between the first two, I'd go for the classic-looking Seiko---with an oyster not the jubilee---it does stretch.

Others to consider:

Orient Blue Mako, Black Mako, Pepsi Mako---same look as your classic Seiko, but way better movement.

Seiko SKXA47 White Knight
Seiko SKXA49 Black Knight

Hope this helps....

Angelis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts