WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I’ve been lurking around here long enough, I thought I’d contribute some. This is my first post here and I apologize if I posted in the wrong section.

I have been into this hobby for a couple of years and I wanted to get some feedback on my collection. Rolex would be about as high as I’d want to go brand wise. Please feel free to recommend some watches that you think may fit in well. Feel free to tell me if some need to tossed out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

G-Shock - My super beater. I use it when riding motorcycles, playing golf, etc.

Seiko SKX013 - This is the smaller version. General beater watch.

Seagull 1963 - 39mm sapphire version. I don’t know what it is about this watch, I just liked it more and more as I researched it.

Omega AT - 38.5 mm version. This is my daily watch which I wear to the office.

Omega Seamaster 300m - Newer 42 mm version with the laser etched waves. This is my weekend/vacation watch.

Rolex datejust - 36mm, 116200 version. I typically use this with suits and blazers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It’s a solid collection. I would say nothing gets tossed while you enjoy and that’s the key. It seems like you like clean lines and not to big.

JLC reverso could be nice if you like it. Still a sporty watch and fun
A smaller IWC pilot, but not the chrono, if they called to you
A seiko heritage might fit nice but also might be too similar to the Rolex and aqua terra.

The above are all solid without branching too far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
Your collection is well spaced price wise and you like neat uncluttered design. My 2 cents would be that there isn't a nice minimalist dress watch in your collection. So maybe a Nomos or Junghans would be a nice addition depending on the price point.

Cartier tank might be another option to consider but it might be a bit too bold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Solid collection and beautiful shots! Do you have any "quality" complaints about the Seagull?
I think you need to add a "bold" watch, that isn't loved by everyone but speaks to you. Mine was the bulgari Octo l'originale

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s a solid collection. I would say nothing gets tossed while you enjoy and that’s the key. It seems like you like clean lines and not to big.

A seiko heritage might fit nice but also might be too similar to the Rolex and aqua terra.

The above are all solid without Thank you!

The above are all solid without branching too far out.

Thanks! You are spot on with my taste. I almost feel like the seamaster is too much (design and size) but I love all the tech packed in that thing. I love the Reverso idea. I appreciate the sporty heritage but may be it could serve as a dress piece here.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
When I saw the G-Shock, I was expecting a column of Twenty or Thirty Citizens and Seikos (maybe an Orient or two tossed in).

"Hey Guys, I just found this watch collecting thing on eBay! The kids haven't eaten in three days and the wife's about to file for divorce..."

Nice to be disappointed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your collection is well spaced price wise and you like neat uncluttered design. My 2 cents would be that there isn't a nice minimalist dress watch in your collection. So maybe a Nomos or Junghans would be a nice addition depending on the price point.

Cartier tank might be another option to consider but it might be a bit too bold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I agree! I truly feel like I am lacking a dress piece. Love the tank. The solos are fairly priced. That may very well be the next one or a reverso.

·
Premium Member
Mostly Speedies
2,326 Posts
I think that is a really solid collection. You could leave it as is. Some suggestions if you had to add something...

1) Maybe a colored dial if you are open to deviating from the present.
2) Something with corners. Tank was a good suggestion.
3) A pilot watch. IWC maybe?
4) A true sports Chrono like a Speedy?

If you bought an El Primero or Pilot Chrono in Green you could check multiple boxes.

AD (Instagram @officine_scrivano)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Solid collection and beautiful shots! Do you have any "quality" complaints about the Seagull?
I think you need to add a "bold" watch, that isn't loved by everyone but speaks to you. Mine was the bulgari Octo l'originale

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
Thank you! Will be creating a watch photoboom for keep sake. Didn’t get around to taking quality photos of omegas and rolex yet. So I got the Seagull from long island watch. The only thing was that the crown and chrono pushers had a blue tint. Like one did and one didn’t. It bugged me a lot so I took some nail polish remover and was able to take it off. Very minor. Love it though quality wise. I was very surprised. Good suggestion on going bold need to find one that speaks to me!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I saw the G-Shock, I was expecting a column of Twenty or Thirty Citizens and Seikos (maybe an Orient or two tossed in).

"Hey Guys, I just found this watch collecting thing on eBay! The kids haven't eaten in three days and the wife's about to file for divorce..."

Nice to be disappointed.
Haha thanks. Yep GShock, Seiko, Seagull are about the only affordable pieces I’m going to keep. Probably going to shoot for a dressier watch and a Rolex GMT next.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that is a really solid collection. You could leave it as is. Some suggestions if you had to add something...

1) Maybe a colored dial if you are open to deviating from the present.
2) Something with corners. Tank was a good suggestion.
3) A pilot watch. IWC maybe?
4) A true sports Chrono like a Speedy?

If you bought an El Primero or Pilot Chrono in Green you could check multiple boxes.

AD (Instagram @officine_scrivano)
Thank you. Tank is really appealing to me. Speedy would be nice but I think that may be down the line!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I would honestly just keep it as is for awhile. Unless you truly want to get in to real ‘collecting.’
Just like you with your AT, SMP, and DJ, I have 3 nicer watches that cover everyday, weekend, dressy. And I find that is perfect. I had more than that, but realized I didn’t like having a bunch of nice watches and having to choose each day which to wear.

Might as well save cash and just stick with what you’ve got for a while longer. Those are some damn nice watches to be satisfied with for now. Enjoy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks! You are spot on with my taste. I almost feel like the seamaster is too much (design and size) but I love all the tech packed in that thing. I love the Reverso idea. I appreciate the sporty heritage but may be it could serve as a dress piece here.
I will say this about a sea master. I sold mine years ago, and still miss it. That being said, if you wanted a dump it but still have a diver, there are good slightly smaller and more subtle.

I do like the idea someone mentioned about a statement piece. I was on another thread and we were chatting about a couple of glachutte original watches. I would check them out. Well made, awesome tech and unique. A seaq, the smaller would be a more subtle diver and the sixties has some rad colors for a statement piece. The pano could be a unique dress. If you like the brand design ascetic, you can find a lot of options. Plus the resale is crap so used prices are solidly in the range you mentioned.

If your going for a dress piece, JLC master would also be a perfect fit. Size price and quality all hit the mark with lots of choices.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would honestly just keep it as is for awhile. Unless you truly want to get in to real ‘collecting.’
Just like you with your AT, SMP, and DJ, I have 3 nicer watches that cover everyday, weekend, dressy. And I find that is perfect. I had more than that, but realized I didn’t like having a bunch of nice watches and having to choose each day which to wear.

Might as well save cash and just stick with what you’ve got for a while longer. Those are some damn nice watches to be satisfied with for now. Enjoy.

Thank you very much. I don't know if I'm ready for real collecting yet ha. The three piece combo of the nicer pieces definitely keeps it simple. The only thing I may consider is a dress piece at the moment. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will say this about a sea master. I sold mine years ago, and still miss it. That being said, if you wanted a dump it but still have a diver, there are good slightly smaller and more subtle.

I do like the idea someone mentioned about a statement piece. I was on another thread and we were chatting about a couple of glachutte original watches. I would check them out. Well made, awesome tech and unique. A seaq, the smaller would be a more subtle diver and the sixties has some rad colors for a statement piece. The pano could be a unique dress. If you like the brand design ascetic, you can find a lot of options. Plus the resale is crap so used prices are solidly in the range you mentioned.

If your going for a dress piece, JLC master would also be a perfect fit. Size price and quality all hit the mark with lots of choices.

Glad I spoke up. You are naming things I don't know much about, will definitely research these pieces. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts