WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Been lurking around this forum and I have been eyeing for an Explorer 2 for my next purchase. Going to take a few more months of savings I hope its going to be the right step after owning TAGs and Omega watches.

I was offered USD7,513 for a black dial Explorer 2 by my usual AD. What do you guys think of the price? I can get another 5% off from VAT but the thing is I travel a lot and also have friends overseas who can easily get me one if they're any cheaper. Im wondering whats the regional price of Rolex Explorer 2?

-I

Reactions: cstone28

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Nice choice! That's a good price, I think. Sure, you may be able to get a hundred more off, or thereabouts, but why stress it if you can enjoy the watch for many, many years to come and simply be happy with your purchase? :)

I'm a new Rolex owner. Here is my beauty!

·
Registered
226 Posts
To me, spending a few hundreds more for the comfort of knowing you'll have the support of your local AD is a good deal. Thousands maybe not, but I'll never buy a watch from an AD too far away for only a few hundred dollarsworth of savings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MSRP is $8,100 so that is definitely less than that. Have you checked out any of the reputable sellers on the forums? You'll find a better deal with them and get the same amazing piece :)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Contact some trusted sellers from Rolexforums like DavidSW, Bodybump, FNFZ4, etc. They will get you the same piece at a much better price.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again guys, I'm getting closer to actually purchasing my first rolex. Financially close but still undecided whether I should get the black or white dial explorer II.

I do understand why most people choose the white dial. Its crisp, clear and more "blingy" than the black counterpart, which I like. But I find myself drawn to the understated look of the black dial. Also I wear alot of blacks. What are tour thoughts on this issue?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hi again guys, I'm getting closer to actually purchasing my first rolex. Financially close but still undecided whether I should get the black or white dial explorer II.

I do understand why most people choose the white dial. Its crisp, clear and more "blingy" than the black counterpart, which I like. But I find myself drawn to the understated look of the black dial. Also I wear alot of blacks. What are tour thoughts on this issue?
do u mean u wear a lot of black clothings? If so then white dial would be a better contrast against dark color clothes. But if black is what u like then u should follow your heart. It's all personal preference.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had the black explorer for a short time and enjoyed while I had it. In the end found out I'm more a Sub guy at heart. But the black EX 2 gets my vote....the orange pops enough to be noticeable but not overly so. That and I like how its closer to the original EX 2 in terms of color. Though the common sentiment on this board is that either color is great and you're getting a fine time piece either way.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the black explorer for a short time and enjoyed while I had it. In the end found out I'm more a Sub guy at heart. But the black EX 2 gets my vote....the orange pops enough to be noticeable but not overly so. That and I like how its closer to the original EX 2 in terms of color. Though the common sentiment on this board is that either color is great and you're getting a fine time piece either way.
Hi there, you were right, its a fine time piece. I just made the purchase this evening and its nothing short of pleasant surprises. The glide lock makes it extremely comfortable. Built quality feels different. Never been happier with the purchase if my watch. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops for got to tell you that I decided to buy submariner instead. Always had that last minute change of hearts :pp Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory
Watch accessory Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Bracelet Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Reactions: Will_f and Saras

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Hi there, you were right, its a fine time piece. I just made the purchase this evening and its nothing short of pleasant surprises. The glide lock makes it extremely comfortable. Built quality feels different. Never been happier with the purchase if my watch. :)
congrats. now some pics..

Reactions: indrasaj

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Indrasaj, Great choice! Congrats!!!

It looks perfect on you. Exp II is great but the larger case size with its lug to lug measurement and the pivot point of the first link on the bracelet make it wear quite large for a 42. I love that Sub, in my mind you have the best. It must feel great!!! Good job, enjoy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Indrasaj, Great choice! Congrats!!!

It looks perfect on you. Exp II is great but the larger case size with its lug to lug measurement and the pivot point of the first link on the bracelet make it wear quite large for a 42. I love that Sub, in my mind you have the best. It must feel great!!! Good job, enjoy.
Analog watch Watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory thanks! Yes it does looks great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts