WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a Stowa for years. I just pulled the trigger and bought the handwound version of the Flieger Bronze Vintage 40mm. Just wanted to know what you guys think of this watch. Now I just have to wait the 3 to 4 weeks for it to get here!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been wanting a Stowa for years. I just pulled the trigger and bought the handwound version of the Flieger Bronze Vintage 40mm. Just wanted to know what you guys think of this watch. Now I just have to wait the 3 to 4 weeks for it to get here!
First of all Congrats to the first Stowa !!!

My opinion :
  • Bronze case, super nice and i love how Stowa did the Bronze's treatment.
  • Handwound, i'm a hand-winding guy.... so good picked !!
  • 40mm. comtemporary size (slightly small for flieger) but you'll love it. It fits in any occasion.

** I share my thoughts and it's your turn to share the PHOTOs once you received **

(y)

·
Registered
717 Posts
I ordered the exact same watch on Nov 10. Eagerly awaiting it to be shipped. I wanted a flieger for the collection and the bronze was different from everything else I have. Love the black dial, blued hands and bronze color combo.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I'm really enjoying mine. I think Jorg really nailed the proper shade of golden brown in his bronze case. I love the brief flashes of intense blue from the heat treated hand set. The fact that they're so fleeting makes them all the more alluring.

Outdoor and indoor photos taken on a 7.75" / 196mm wrist.

I wanted a flieger for the collection and the bronze was different from everything else I have.
I was looking to add another bronze watch to my collection and, I didn't own a Flieger so, this watch killed two birds with one stone :) The fact that it's a hand wound version only adds to its charms as, I enjoy the daily interaction. This was my third Stowa purchase and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Mine arrived in Memphis today and is scheduled to be delivered to me in VA on Tuesday, which is exactly 4 weeks since I ordered it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a bronze marine and just love the warmth and character of the material. Wear it in great health!

·
Registered
235 Posts
GREAT PICS, Orsoni! First time I’ve see the bronze Flieger. Geez now im think I want one to match my bronze Marine? What suede strap is that?

I'm really enjoying mine. I think Jorg really nailed the proper shade of golden brown in his bronze case. I love the brief flashes of intense blue from the heat treated hand set. The fact that they're so fleeting makes them all the more alluring.

Outdoor and indoor photos taken on a 7.75" / 196mm wrist.

View attachment 15568083
View attachment 15568084

I was looking to add another bronze watch to my collection and, I didn't own a Flieger so, this watch killed two birds with one stone :) The fact that it's a hand wound version only adds to its charms as, I enjoy the daily interaction. This was my third Stowa purchase and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Mine was delivered today and I am very pleased with it. The OEM strap was just so-so in my opinion and I'm testing some options.

Here it is on a Colareb but I'm also trying a watch gecko and have a rios typhoon on the way that should look good

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you guys get the watch with the bronze buckle? Been waiting for one since Sept/Oct to match the watch

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Did you guys get the watch with the bronze buckle? Been waiting for one since Sept/Oct to match the watch
I received an email from Selina on October 30th thanking me for my patience and saying that, they had just received the bronze buckles but that they required further finishing and laser engraving the logo.

They hoped to deliver by November so, they missed that mark but, I’m in no hurry having waited this long. This is the COVID era so allowances must be given.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received an email from Selina on October 30th thanking me for my patience and saying that, they had just received the bronze buckles but that they required further finishing and laser engraving the logo.

They hoped to deliver by November so, they missed that mark but, I’m in no hurry having waited this long. This is the COVID era so allowances must be given.
Good to know I am not the only one. I emailed to check. Now it's planned for Christmas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts