WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are...First pictures of LACO pilot 42 mm models (ETA 2824, ETA 2801, ETA 805.114 quartz) Baumuster A and B dial...
Hope you'll like it...,
Peter

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
+1 I was trying to decide between the Unitas and the new 2801 and I think these pictures just made up my mind.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
.....iirc from the other thread on this, 45 and 42mm iterations are forthcoming. The main difference being, the 42mm will have 3 movement choices & the 45mm will be 2801 only. I hope the 2801's will have the hackset option, if so i might be a 45mm buyer.:think:

42mm? :think:

What happened to the discussed 45mm versions - cancelled or postponed?

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,122 Posts
It has already been mentioned here on the Laco Forum and the title of this thread can't be missunderstood. Firstreal pics of the first real models.

What will be available in the near future:

Laco 45mm, A and B, no logo not date, blued hands (hour, minute), black seconds hand, ETA 2801

Laco 42mm, A and B, no logo, no date, blued hands (hour, minute), black seconds hand, ETA 2824-2 or Ronda quartz, ETA 2801 under consideration

The Laco Miyota will be back soon. this watch will come with a Logo on its dial, display back to see a nicely and better finished Miyota movement.

The Laco watches will become more recognizable because of their streamlines design, all faces will look the same (the Laco Miyota will have a logo on the dial).

It is a step-by-step-thing. You can't speed it up. When the time is right Peter will post the 45mm watches. Right now it was the time to post the first pics of the 42mm watches. Nothing is cancelled or postponed though. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The only thing I don't like is the strap, it has to be the closed loop style. I hope they will still offer that, it's not a very common style.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The only thing I don't like is the strap, it has to be the closed loop style. I hope they will still offer that, it's not a very common style.
+1!

Did Laco use our retrodesign on the B-Dial?
I hope they did!

Laco has taken several steps up on the quality stepladder, IMO.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The 42 mm versions look great Peter. Congratulations! And I like the strap, mostly because it's something new and different from the closed-loop and breathable open strap versions.

Since I already have a couple of 42 mm B-Uhrs I'm holding out for the 45 mm models. I'm sure they'll be just as stunning.:-!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Did Laco use our retrodesign on the B-Dial?
Didn't the WUS B Muster dial stagger lume on the numbers like the original? If so, I don't think this new dial is identical. From the photo it looks like lume has been applied to all the numbers. The 55 mm Replica B Musters also had lume on every number which for me was a very small disappointment. Of course we shouldn't be so hung up on making everything perfectly identical. The originals went through changes in their lifespan; shouldn't the contemporary versions reflect the passage of time as well? :think:

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Didn't the WUS B Muster dial stagger lume on the numbers like the original? If so, I don't think this new dial is identical. From the photo it looks like lume has been applied to all the numbers. The 55 mm Replica B Musters also had lume on every number which for me was a very small disappointment. Of course we shouldn't be so hung up on making everything perfectly identical. The originals went through changes in their lifespan; shouldn't the contemporary versions reflect the passage of time as well? :think:
Yes, the WUS-B has the lume staggered.
But, I was thinking more on the detailed layout and the font.

I wish Laco would offer chrono grade movements as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts