WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got married a little over a week ago, and my amazing wife surprised me with my first Rolex, the SD43. I couldn't be happier, and have been enjoying every bit of it. Every watch I've owned in the past (Breitlings and Omegas), were watches I purchased for myself. Having a watch as a gift, that marks such a special occasion really makes it feel extra special.

I know it's typically frowned upon to wear a larger watch like this, or a diver with a tux. How could I not after just receiving it? Having a 7.5" wrist helps make it more proportionate as well.

First pic is me trying it on at the AD in November 2017, not knowing that it would one day be mine. The pictures really don't do it justice, it's incredible in person. It also doesn't help that some of these were taken on my phone, or were zoomed in.

IMG_1591.jpg IMG_0962.jpg IMG_0978.jpg IMG_0972_1.jpg IMG_0972_2.jpg

·
Registered
571 Posts
Now, that is a proper wedding watch! Congrats. Great size on you too! Truly special, and a tough find (normally).

I have a bigger wrist as well and was really excited to try the SD43, but when I did I just couldn’t get passed the thickness of it, and ended up going BLNR, but the SD43 is such a great piece I will no doubt circle back and try it again soon.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hmm, wife certainly seems like a keeper!

Beautiful watch. Honestly I think you can pull it off with a larger wrist just fine. I tried one on yesterday in fact. Looked great.

As for the whole suit thing, it's 2018, I have no issue wearing a dive watch with a suit. I wore a 45.5mm Planet Ocean on my wedding day. Screw convention. You want me to wear an expensive dress watch with a suit? Buy me one or shut up about it!

·
Registered
642 Posts
As for the whole suit thing, it's 2018, I have no issue wearing a dive watch with a suit. I wore a 45.5mm Planet Ocean on my wedding day. Screw convention. You want me to wear an expensive dress watch with a suit? Buy me one or shut up about it!
Gets my vote for comment of the day

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I'd wear anything with a tux on my wedding day if it's a gift from my wife to be. You don't want to start on the wrong foot. Not to detract from the fact that I consider the SD43 to be The Perfect Watch.

Congratulations on your wedding and wear the beast in good health. An even more special watch indeed.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Congrats and congrats! The watch in the 4th pic puts that tux to shame. That's awesome she did that for you! Best of luck to both of you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What?! Dude that's awesome. She's a keeper. Oh, and your wife seems pretty awesome too =)
I definitely agree with both :)

Now, that is a proper wedding watch! Congrats. Great size on you too! Truly special, and a tough find (normally).

I have a bigger wrist as well and was really excited to try the SD43, but when I did I just couldn’t get passed the thickness of it, and ended up going BLNR, but the SD43 is such a great piece I will no doubt circle back and try it again soon.
I didn't find the thickness to be too bad, because my previous watch was a 45.5 mm Omega PO.The shorter lugs help it fit great too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts