WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
b-) b-) b-) b-)
Hi all - I deiced to folllow crainotes advice and gt myself a (new to me) watch during my convalescence.
Kobold needs to offer this PVD bezel on BOTH the Ti & SS SEALS. I'd like to encourage them to market this "option" ---

Let the pics speak for themselves......:-x:-x:-x

Then I brought out my other SEAL fom some comparo shots :-!

I'll add some thoughts...eventually,,...right now I'm just in awe. :-x :-x :-x

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Liz,

Great pictures.... I agree that a PVD bezel should be an option, upgrade or add on... Maybe if everyone emails Mike, asking it to happen!

·
Registered
448 Posts
How easy is it to change the bezel?

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How easy is it to change the bezel?
I have no idea. dave Woo says he just pops his bezel on and off. But because my right hand is all screwed up and super weak, I don't think I'm popping bezels off any time soon. The PVD'd bezel is SS. I still have the original bezel and a Ti bracelet (Wooo wooo) The bracelet was a surprise, hidden inn the wooden box... I thought I was getting it w/out a bracelet.

So I'll have to post some braclet shots one day soon.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Long long shot here, but does anyone know of any extra either Ti or SS bezels laying around anywhere? I would love to try the reverse two tone look, with the Darth's PVD body and a regular finish bezel.

Liz, great shots as usual. I am curious how you find yourself wearing the two Seals? I have thought about having a non PVD Seal as well, but wondered if they were too similiar that I wouldn't find myself always reaching for one or othe other. When I tried the Seals on at Kobold, I was amazed at how different they looked when non PVD'd.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff-

I'd love to see the "reverse" look, but I recommend a Ti bezel, subdued....over a SS bezel.

As for which SEAL to wear -- the first thing that totally took me by surprise was how much smaller the PVD'd version looked (I guess 'cuz it's darker). Wore the PVD to a funeral earlier today - it goes well with black :-! -- lucky for me -- it fit right in! ;-)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
b-) b-) b-) b-)
Hi all - I decided to folllow craniotes' advice...
Now if only we could convince my wife to do the same, the world would be a much happier place...

But seriously, congratulations on your second one-of-a-kind SEAL (okay, so the semi-tac is "two-of-a-kind" thanks to Daniel's, but you know what I mean). Wear it in good health, and by all means keep those pictures coming!

Regards,
Adam

PS - I bet you're feeling better already, huh? ;-)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hey Liz,

Looks great, and, er, familiar :-! Greetings from the other Semi-tactical Seal.

My favorite thing about the PVD SS bezel is the way it changes color with the light. (Oh, and note the fly--I do tie my own SW flies already. I'm not even sure I remember how to tie little trout flies anymore.)

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Liz,

Great pictures.... I agree that a PVD bezel should be an option, upgrade or add on... Maybe if everyone emails Mike, asking it to happen!
Thanks Obie !

BTW I wrote Mike this morning and sent along a few of these shots. I encourage others to e-mail Mike as well. I know they "ocassionally look" at this forum, but not that often.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daniel
Great shots of your other "baby" ---- ;-)
I'm droolin over the Delaurians - eventually i will do that, get one, but as I really love the zylon zulus, and am in or on the water constantly, they do for me just fine right now.
I want to take some shots of the watch getting wet :p

Stay tuned

·
Registered
751 Posts
Liz,
Great shots ! and yes the Ti Bracelet was a surprise huh?

Very pleased to see how much you're enjoying this "special" SEAL..... I'd say it is one of only a very select few watches that have that special effect on me and as we all can see a lot of other folks.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob
I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to hop on your 'puter for a few minutes :) Keep the Vicodin flowing, and drink lots of water, and get the rest, and man: WEAR THE SMG-1!! in good health! Soon you'll be buzzin around in those fast cars again....till then!

·
Registered
40 Posts
So do all the SEALs glow blue? or does it vary from year to year?

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So do all the SEALs glow blue? or does it vary from year to year?
I think the Polished Seal glows green, and the PVD SEAL glows blue...but the reason it looks so blue is I was ramping it up a bit with a beam from a UV flashlight which enables one to take just awesome lume shots ... check these out !!! (I still own the 1000T, but not the 750T's) :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh wow, what kind of falshlight, have I missed something in Surefires catalog??

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just Want To Warn Folks (if You Don't Know This): Never, Ever Look Into The Bulb/light Of A Uv Flashlight.....ok?

it Will Blind You. Permanently. <|

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Liz, this is currently my most coveted watch. I have already emailed Kobold asking them if one can be made available in the future. They contacted me and are looking into it. No news in a week tho, must be busy for Christmas. Anyway your SEAL rocks and those are sweet pics. Enjoy, I know I would. :-!:-!:-!

Ps. This is my first post on the Kobold forum, Hi all! b-)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts