1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
That one looks fine to me, though I would not characterize it as a "bargain." I'd post a WTB here and on other Fora. Don't be afraid to ask for opinions! Good hunting!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Research completed listings of the 3570.50 on ebay and you can gauge the market price. Keep in mind that the age and condition of these plays a big part in value. I would also only buy one that comes with the respective boxes and papers/cards with matching serial #s (all cards, not just one or two which fakes are known to come with).

If only there was still the 30% bing cashback deal from a few years ago, then this would definitely be a bargain!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
whatever you pay, if your happy with it its a bargain. with regards to the e-bay watch i would want to see the chrono hands at zero before i would bid

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hi all, I'm a newbie looking to buy my first Speedmaster Pro and I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this watch:

Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00- "Moon Watch" - eBay (item 230506119154 end time Aug-05-10 14:20:28 PDT)

Does it look to be in new condition? Does it include everything (papers, etc)? Is it a good value?

Also, if not through eBay, where are other places I could purchase a like new condition Speedy Pro?

Thank you so much!!
Looks real to me and I am presently wearing a Speedy this moment

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
RTea; said:
Research completed listings of the 3570.50 on ebay and you can gauge the market price. Keep in mind that the age and condition of these plays a big part in value. I would also only buy one that comes with the respective boxes and papers/cards with matching serial #s (all cards, not just one or two which fakes are known to come with).

If only there was still the 30% bing cashback deal from a few years ago, then this would definitely be a bargain!
Ebay is a great tool for research, but bear in mind that there are so many "special" Speedmasters (special because of their movement, the date they were produced, etc.) that the casual researcher will wonder why some "crappy" old models are so expensive compared to watches of more recent vintage, while some other vintage ones don't command any premium. It is not easy at all to understand all the intricacies! :roll:

You need to extend the research to the forums, specialized sites, etc...

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Going rate but no serial number ?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The shots show correct subdial chrono alignment at least.

The warranty card shows Watch No. 7704xxxx.

I'm fairly sure that the Member SN Database is correct here. It shows a 7708xxxx Speedy Pro from 2007. Mine is 7714xxxx and Omega has confirmed it as being sent to the AD in 2005. So, a 7704xxxx watch is reasonably contemporaneous with the use of the "old" style white warranty card.

Anyone have a real estimate on how old a 7704xxxx 3570 is?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts