WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people seek out a luxury brand and drool over a specific watch for sometime before they get the money to purchase the watch. TAG Heuer is no different. I absolutely love my Monaco. What was your first TAG Heuer watch, and what made you like that specific watch over a different brand?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My second real watch was a TAG F1, this first release in black with rubber strap. The first one was a Seiko 100 Chronograph quartz. The Seiko was a gift while the F1 was a hand-me-down from my father - this was in the late 80's. Even before getting my hands on it, the F1 blew my mind in terms of design. Of course one can argue that I didn't know any better since I wasn't exposed to other brands but as a young man who was very interested in motorsports, the F1 was THE watch anyway. Though I did not really get to choose (plus I was a student then, no money) I grew fond of TAG due to the design, the motorsport connection and the sentimental value. I still have the original F1, a chrono F1 (first one released) and a Heuer 80 LE now - all keepers.

·
Registered
601 Posts
My first luxury watch, an F1, was an impulse buy when I was walking past an AD in Blackpool, UK.
Saw it, liked it, went in and bought it.
At the time (2008) Tag Heuer and Rolex were on the same level as far as I knew🤔 as I didn't really have an interest in watches.
My Aquaracer was also an impulse buy 4 years ago.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My first tag was an aquaracer Way2110.Ba0910, and I really enjoyed it, but I ended up selling it. It was an eBay buy, and it just didn’t look right on my wrist. That being said, it got me into Tags, as I went on to buy a Formula 1, and another Aquaracer.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Yes, it's my favorite looking watch of all time. I don't wear it much (it's a quartz and I got tired of changing the battery, gaskets and getting it pressure tested) but it's still my favorite. Oh yeah, plus the lume is tritium and no longer works so I can't see it in the dark.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I don't have many photos of them but I got this one in 1998. I gifted it to my brother about 5 years ago and then followed that gift with my second Tag 3 years ago. I still really like them both but can only justify having a couple watches at a time so I made sure they went to someone who would cherish them. I'd wear that two tone tomorrow if I still had it.

This one in 2013.

This one in 2016

Then in 2017 I finished my watch buying with this.

That's the same Carrera but with the Alligator strap rather than the bracelet. I upgraded the Aquaracer with a certified COSC movement this past spring. I gave the 2 quartz watches to my brother so they are still in the family.

I'd like to have a blue Monaco but just won't spend the money, I've got 5K in those last 2. All my watches were new so I spent quite a bit on Tags.

·
Registered
193 Posts
First good watch was a quartz professional, blue dial. Still looks and works great. Wore it every work day for 20 years. I'll still wear it now that I finally got an automatic (a new Carrera).

·
Registered
235 Posts
My first watch was the F1 1210, but it suffered from the usual problem with the black composite/plastic material around the crown. When I was in key West it melted in the heat and went malleable and misshaped like plasticine.
I slung it in a draw and forgot about it until this year when I sent it to Tag for service and battery replacement. I also got a quote for the replacement of the melted plastic parts. The quote for the whole lot came to £365.

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
I've been a WIS since buying my first Omega. I have a liking for quartz and this white dial F1 sang to me.

I like the racing affiliation and the diver-style bezel, plus (whilst not my favourite) I've always had respect for the Tag Heuer brand and the entry cost won me over (another plus, TAG still makes 'affordable' watches as well as high end timepieces. I regret other brands like Omega moved away from quartz and lower cost pieces, chasing some kind of status).

I like it enough to get the OEM rubber strap for it.

I can't see it being sold. If one of my watches had to go - I think this would be it. Not that there are any plans.

This is my correct stable.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I love TAG Heuer and always have.

My father gave me his 1991 TAG Heuer S/EL Chrono (Similar to the one Senna wore) and that was my first real watch. I love it and still do to this day. I’ve owned F1s, 2000s, 1500s, 4000s. I’ve loved them all! I will definitely get a Monaco one day, the Steve McQueen reissue Heuer is a big favourite of mine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
After a variety of inexpensive Timex and Seikos while in school and then the Navy, my first "luxury" watch was a Tag 2000 "Professional" back in 2000. It's still my daily driver, although I've since purchased an Ecco-Drive and G-Shock I wear occasionally. A couple of weeks ago, I went back to the well and acquired a new Carrera Sport Chronograph (the green dial) which I can't wear until Christmas. There's plenty of grail watches I'd love to own but I still think Tag sells great looking, high quality watches for a reasonable price.

Edit: Ahaha, sorry about the repeat post. Tough to keep up on these forums....

Reactions: Turpinr

·
Registered
26,635 Posts
My first Tag was a F1 with a white dial and coloured subs.

Loved it, and only sold it to fund the Bronzo (Along with my Monaco and pretty much everything else) and would have another tomorrow if the prices hadn’t gone skywards.

Sorry who was it that said Tags don’t hold their value.

Not my pic just scrounged off the infernet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The TAG below was my first mechanical watch. I bought it in 2011 when I had no idea about what size watches would work with my 7” wrists. This one is 43mm, but wears bigger as it has virtually no bezel just a gorgeous dial. It is limited edition, hand wound, with a beautiful movement seen through the display back.

I haven’t worn it lately, and I am even thinking of selling it. However, it still gives me joy when I look at it...

·
Registered
601 Posts
The TAG below was my first mechanical watch. I bought it in 2011 when I had no idea about what size watches would work with my 7” wrists. This one is 43mm, but wears bigger as it has virtually no bezel just a gorgeous dial. It is limited edition, hand wound, with a beautiful movement seen through the display back.

I haven’t worn it lately, and I am even thinking of selling it. However, it still gives me joy when I look at it...
View attachment 15580868
Jesus that's beautiful 👍

·
Registered
913 Posts
My classic 2000 I received from my parents, and late mom, in 1996 after finally graduating university and post grad tech diploma. I still love this watch and will never sell it.

Attachments

Reactions: chilean
1 - 20 of 31 Posts