WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first Tag; F1 Chrono Black face. 589.00. Hopefully a good choice for my first chrono. Hope it's as tough as my Seikos. I wanted a Chrono and Saphire Crystal but wanted to stay under 600, so we'll give it a try. I'll post my pics when I get the camera back. I know I'll get flamed for this, esp. being a new member, but really not impressed so far, seems like a cheap watch and the band is a joke compared to the seiko divers I own. I'm sure the higher end Tags are made much better, but I'd rather beat this up than my Omega.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Which Seikos do you own? IMHO, the bracelet on the Monster stands up incredibly well to much higher priced watch bracelets.

That being said, I have no complaints about my Tag Chrono--it's not a current model, so hard to compare to yours, but I have no complaints about the fit and finish for the price.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't think you will get flamed here for your views on the F1. I share them. They always seemed kind of like a kids watch to me. I just don't understand a $600 plastic watch.

However, if you like it, great, different opinions is why they make all the different watches they do!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I like the look and feel ;and having a chrono rated to 200m...I have gone through 2 citizen divers in less than a year...so we'll try this...I work with a guy who swears by them...I think he has 5 or 6 and one is the F1.

My Seiko divers are a European Model 200m quartz and a 25 years old 150m auto; both say divers on the face and although scrathced and beat up are still solid watches.

The nice thing about where I bought my TAG is that I can bring it back for a full refund and/or have it repaired at no cost: forever.

I once brought back my wife's favorite seiko with a cracked crystal and they insisted on refunding the price of the watch...it was 10 years old!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds like you have a great AD!

if you don't mind the nick in the plastic, I am sure it will be one tough watch.

I have a 10 year old 2000 quartz chrono and I wore it every day for 10 years and I mean every day in every situation and it took all the punishment. The only time I had a problem with it was when I went swimming with it after I forgot to screw in the crown.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Picked up my first Tag; F1 Chrono Black face. 589.00. Hopefully a good choice for my first chrono. Hope it's as tough as my Seikos. I wanted a Chrono and Saphire Crystal but wanted to stay under 600, so we'll give it a try. I'll post my pics when I get the camera back. I know I'll get flamed for this, esp. being a new member, but really not impressed so far, seems like a cheap watch and the band is a joke compared to the seiko divers I own. I'm sure the higher end Tags are made much better, but I'd rather beat this up than my Omega.
The fit and finish is different from other Heuers, and as I advised in another post, certainly different from Omega. That being said, the F1 is a good, reliable and durable timepiece.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm afraid it may be heading back for a return. The date sticks. Keep turning the crown and it jams up between dates. If I tap it then it starts turing again. What the deal with that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought my first Tag about 4 mos. ago and couldn't be happier. I got the F1 orange face chrono. Most recent accuracy check is less than one second fast after 36 days. Pretty good even for quartz. I agree the old plastic formulas seemed cheap. I got this for a sport & outdoor watch and think is a good value for the money. By the way I don't see any plastic on it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I said I think if the date thing dosen't fix itself its going back for a full refund.

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
How lame. That's two F1s in this forum in one week... The last one I had I beat the crap out of it and it always ticked and the date always changed. Otherwise I think tag makes a pretty tough watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts