WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I currently only own Tissot watches and looking to upgrade for my 30th. I initially was going to go for the Longines Hydroconquest or Legend Diver but saw this Tag and I liked it!

Only concern is its nearly £1,000 more than the Longines HC! Can someone tell me if this is just because of the Tag name or is it of higher quality?

What do people think of the watches and the ones I have mentioned above? What would you do? Are Tag a better brand than Longines?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
There's no denying the Longines offers great value and is a quality watch. I'll stick my neck out, though, and say that the Aquaracer is a step up in quality/finishing, plus as you say, you also get a more recognizable watch and the Tag Heuer brand name. Whether the leap is worth £1000 is something only you can answer. Have you seen both in the flesh and tried them on? One thing you want to make sure is that the size is right as the Tag is the bigger watch also at 43mm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have handled both watches. I think the Longines is nice but perhaps a bit small for my wrist, 42mm probably ideal so the Tag is biggest I would wear. I feel the Tag has a more interesting dial with the horizontal design and the date magnifier, I think I would prefer the ceramic bezel but the metal one does give it identity as everyone has a coloured bezel.

Having said that, the Longines has a lovely caseback and the dial is prob less sporty.

The legend diver is a confusing one, I love it but it's not sure if it's a dress watch or diver, feel like it's a purchase to add to a collection rather than a daily wearer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also should I be looking at the ceramic alternative? I have heard that ceramic is more prone to crack/smash and is costly to replace. It's £350 more than the stainless steel bezel model, is it worth it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at the Oris Aquis, it's a nice watch but the lugs are awkward. Also the dial is a little plain looking for me, I like the Tag detail, however the Oris is certainly great value!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is the UK price for the Aquaracer ?
£1,600 for the Tag but have found a "used" one for £1,390 - however it's not even a year old and never been worn so think it's a good deal.
£1,200 - Oris Aquis Date
£790 - Longines HC

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
£1,600 for the Tag but have found a "used" one for £1,390 - however it's not even a year old and never been worn so think it's a good deal.
£1,200 - Oris Aquis Date
£790 - Longines HC
If it's watchfinder, offer £1200 cash and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
the TAG is a much nicer watch in my opinion however, for that price point i would get the newer ceramic version. if you're okay with it you can get some like-new used ones on the forums for much much less. for that specific one they go around 1300-1500 USD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The one I'm looking at is also part of their new 2016 range, they are just offering non ceramic version for £350 less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts