WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to the forum, and interested in some opinions. I am shopping for a GMT watch, now comparing the Steinhart GMT (probably the Vintage) with the Prometheus OD GMT. Realizing they are very different looking, I am curious about the buying experience, satisfaction with the watch, and condition after some everyday usage. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Hello. I am new to the forum, and interested in some opinions. I am shopping for a GMT watch, now comparing the Steinhart GMT (probably the Vintage) with the Prometheus OD GMT. Realizing they are very different looking, I am curious about the buying experience, satisfaction with the watch, and condition after some everyday usage. Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.
Hello and welcome to WUS and the Steinhart Forum. You should probably start off by searching this forum; you'll find that many photos and comments have already been posted with respect to the various Steinhart GMT models. Also, there have been countless threads that discuss the Steinhart buying experience and peoples impressions of the company. Please spend some time looking around the forum and reading some of the threads that will have all of the information you are after. If there's something that you can't find an anwser for someone here will be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't own a Steinhart GMT, but do own a Vintage Red. I have a Prometheus OD GMT on the way and it should be here today, at which time I should be able to give you some first impression thoughts comparing the two. My initial thought is they are two completely different GMT's. The Steinhart will give you a great deal of versatility as you can wear it with a suit, or jeans, and it always looks good. The Prometheus appears to be more of a tool diver, built to take more extreme use.

I will let you know.

Welcome

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Wus and steinhart forum,

One thing though, the vintage GMT has a larger dail size and wears bigger then the normal Ocean 1 GMT

//Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts