WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to purchase my first Omega watch, and have pretty much singled it down to a Planet Ocean.

It's just a case of choosing the dial combo and size now.

I'm planning to buy from w ww.iconicwatches.co.uk as the savings are very tempting. I understand they are a grey market dealer, but I've been assured that all their watches are sourced from ADs (I'm assuming somewhere in Europe). If anyone has used them and has any feedback they could share, that would be helpful.

Since this is my first time buying an Omega, what should I look for out of the box, ie. what sort of papers/documents should I look out for, and serial numbers should I match?

I'm not a bracelet type of person, but if I could save £80, should I buy it on the rubber instead if the bracelet?

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can't speak to whether Icon is good or not. I would suggest you do a search for "Planet Ocean unboxing," that will give you plenty of info re contents of package. If it were my choice, I would purchase the bracelet version, the bracelets for Omega watches are expensive and straps are less so, especially for the price difference you mention. The serial number on the watch ought to match the cards that are in the box-set.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks for your replies.
So they have been discontinued by Omega then and only available from the above site?

·
Registered
176 Posts
definitely get the bracelet at point of sale and buy any straps later. It will be much less expensive and better resale down the road. If you're already going grey market, you might also want to check out some individual dealers selling new watches on the forums, many of which come with factory warranty. Personally, I'd trust an individual with excellent references over an online gray market dealer.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've never bought a gray market Omega, but my other gray market watches did not have a warranty card.
I believe you should still get the other 2 cards, pictogram and chronometer (although I've read sometimes it doesn't come with this certification either).
Either way, match the serial on the card with what's etched on the lower left lug on the case back.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Planet Ocean was my 3rd Omega. I have the older model with the 2500 Movement inside. I have had this watch for a few years now, and still love to wear it. Mine is the 2201.50. To me it's a fantastic piece. I did buy a black rubber with orange stitching deployment stray with Omega deploymet buckle for it. It's a great strap for the summer. I can give you some more info if you like.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Do not worry about buying from iconic......it will come with an AD warranty and iconic is a bricks and mortar store in Blackburn. I have not used them myself, but will for my next omega. There are plenty
Of good references from UK forum users. Buy the watch on bracelet first as it much more cost effective, plus, if you decide to sell later, it's often easier and will get a better price if you have the bracelet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've just picked up my first Omega, a Planet Ocean 46mm from Iconic Watches and can't praise them enough. Ordered the watch on 21st December and paid a 20% deposit on line. Obviously ordering just before Christmas increased the delivery time but the wait was well worth it given the saving over an AD and they kept me up to date with regular emails telling me where the watch was in their ordering and delivery process. It was delivered in to them about 6 weeks after placing the order and i collected it in person from Blackburn and paid the remainder on collection. The people in the store are lovely and looked after us very well. I had the strap adjusted at the same time. i can't fault them or the service.

in the box was the official international warranty card, the pictogram card, instruction manual and a small carrying bag for storing during trips.

Buy from them with confidence my friend

Reactions: OtMiEmGeA

·
Registered
216 Posts
Most important thing when buying from GM is to inspect carefully as soon as received. Check for dings/scratch/any dust on the dial.
Do not rip off any tags from the vendor that may disqualify your claim. So that If something is wrong instead of them fixing the same watch they'll send a new one or refund can be done easily w/out you pushing them to waive off restocking fee.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought my first Omega from Iconic Watches, an AT quartz. No issues at all, box,
Omega warranty and paperwork all there and the watch never gave me a problem.
As I only live about 30 miles from Blackburn I went to the shop to pick up the watch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Indeed, all stamped by the supplying dealer. I've just been in to my local AD to get a valuation for the insurance and showed him the card, no problem whatsoever and he valued it at considerably more than i paid

·
Registered
41 Posts
The AD even gave me a copy of the OMEGA Lifetime Magazine focusing on Daniel Craig and the latest Bond movie

Watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Material property Brand

1 - 15 of 15 Posts