WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys time to pick out my first watch. I dont have much to spend probably keep it around 700. I might actually purchase a 2 watches if I have some left over from the first purchase. any ways here is what im looking at

• Citizen Men's JY0005-50E Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Watch
  • Citizen Men's AT4007-54E Perpetual Chrono A-T Watch
    [*=left]Citizen Men's JW0097-54E Promaster SST Eco Drive Watch
    [*=left]Lum-tec b14
    [*=left]lum- tec m46
there are also about 30 others but I like these. any thoughts? im open to other recommendations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok guys time to pick out my first watch. I dont have much to spend probably keep it around 700. I might actually purchase a 2 watches if I have some left over from the first purchase. any ways here is what im looking at

• Citizen Men's JY0005-50E Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T Watch

• Citizen Men's AT4007-54E Perpetual Chrono A-T Watch
    [*=left]Citizen Men's JW0097-54E Promaster SST Eco Drive Watch
    [*=left]Lum-tec b14
    [*=left]lum- tec m46
there are also about 30 others but I like these. any thoughts? im open to other recommendations.

For that price there is a chance you could get a real historic chronometer like a 1950's steel Omega automatic. That's much more of a watch than you can get for a new, retail watch.

I'm biased because a 1950's steel automatic Omega was my first "real" watch:)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
hello welcome to the forum,

my apology, I'm not a Citizen expert ...
but have you seen them in person? might be a good idea to head over to a mall/store that carries them and see how they fit,
hopefully you get a knowledgable salesperson who can give you more details

and I'm also wondering if you would consider pre-owned,
the Skyhawk reminds me of a Breitling (very busy dial) ... might want to take a look at some pre-owned Breitlings, probably have to save a bit more, though

·
Registered
102 Posts
There is currently a used Skyhawk in the Sales Corner. The owner has also sprung for the sapphire crystal upgrade and it's well within your budget. Good luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I own a Skyhawk JY0010-50E, which is the titanium model. I very much enjoy it, and wear it whenever I know I need to time something. I have in fact used the information on the bezel as well, and also use it when I travel across time zones. Another primary use is as my unassailable authority to set all of my mechanical watches. All in all, a great all-around watch.

I would say that I have an average wrist, and this is a sizable watch - you may want to try one on at your local Macy's or similar outlet before buying. Also, the stainless steel (SS) version is on the heavy side - which is why I have the titanium model.

You should be able to get a SS model at under $500, and you could invest the rest in a decent Orient mechanical model - just a little food for thought.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts