WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello watchuseek family,

I came across this forum last year when I started researching on what my first 'real' watch should be. I fell in love with the Breitlings (looks, technical data and of course the price). I then went on to buy the Avenger 2 GMT and have been wearing it everyday since then. I am looking to update the bracelet with black Diver Pro 3 straps with deployant buckles, but the price is ridiculously high. Are there any recommendations here for any authorized sellers that can give a decent discount?

Thanks,
KP

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
You're not going to find many ADs that are going to discount accessories. Your best bet would have been to buy everything when you bought the watch.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I would have to agree. An alternative would be to check the forums to see if someone is selling one that was lightly used. I often bounce between wearing straps but almost always head back to the bracelet. I try but I am not a strap guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
While it's pretty easy to find an AD that offers good discounts on the watches themselves, I do believe what has been said about an AD's not discounting accessories is true. You can save a little on accessories like straps by going to Jomas, but the discount is typically only 5%-15%. If you purchased your watch from a local AD I would suggest keeping your relationship with them going and purchasing from them. Remind them you purchased your watch there and ask if there is any way they can offer you some type of discount. It never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
251 Posts
As mentioned above, contact the dealer you bought from and ask if they will give you a deal on one from them. For what it's worth, the regular tang buckled dive strap is only around $160 and is very nice and comfortable. Unless you REALLY want the folding buckle, I would suggest the regular strap and saving some cash. I shopped around for a deal on one of those pro diver straps with the folding clasp for a long time, I never found a deal better than Jomashop, which isn't that great of a deal anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts