WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to New York for the first time on saturday and may have some time for watch shopping.

Im there for a week and normally collect G-shocks and Protreks but would be interested in anything a little unusual in the same price range.

Can anyone recommend any stores or markets I should check out?

Cheers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
check out the swatch store in times square if you're into those types of watches. china town is fun to just see all the interesting things they try to sell you, but i didn't buy anything there.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
:think: Tourneau Time Machine, downstairs - Watchgear, 57th & Madison.
Avoid Canal Street (Homage Way).
I saw the Time Machine for the first time last week and it was extremely impressive... pre owned section was small but crammed full of stuff! I saw an IWC repeater in platinum literally lying on top of a pair of Franck Mullers it was so packed. They had one or two cases of more affordable pre-owned stuff too.

·
Registered
41,219 Posts
b-) The Time Dome in Vegas is 2000 sq. ft. larger, it's insane.
I saw the Time Machine for the first time last week and it was extremely impressive... pre owned section was small but crammed full of stuff! I saw an IWC repeater in platinum literally lying on top of a pair of Franck Mullers it was so packed. They had one or two cases of more affordable pre-owned stuff too.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I will definitely look up Torneau and the Swatch store (staying very close to Time Square).
Chinatown sounds like it could be worth a punt too!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Yeah... I'd also be a bit wary of the 47th street stuff... I am a bit skepitcal that those guys are able to secure several Hublots that cannot be found at an AD anywhere for example, or how they have a diamond baguette bezel version of every watch ever made lol.

·
Registered
484 Posts
For lower end stuff check out Centruy 21 down by the World Trade Center. its like a HUGE TJmaxx so once and a while you can find a treasure. (warning be prepared for hideous crowds)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts