WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After picking up my Speedy Pro in the spring, I told myself I was done for the rest of the year: no more timepieces until my birthday in March 2017. A week ago, I was offered a job that allowed me achieve two professional goals ahead of schedule. Ok, I thought - there's only one first time, this is a worthy reason to bend/break the rule I'd set.

My girlfriend is a huge Pokemon fan, and wanted to pick up a stuffed Eevee at Build-a-Bear. The closest mall with a Build-a-bear happened to have both a Rolex AD and Tudor AD. The store was sold out of the Eevee so we made our way to the Rolex AD. The Z-Blue Milgauss and the Hulk Submariner had been on my radar for quite some time, and the AD had them both for me to try on. I didn't want to make such a purchase on an empty stomach, and told the saleswoman I'd be back after finding something to eat.

The Tudor AD was on the way to the restaurant, so we stopped in. I didn't see a Black Bay Bronze in the display case, but the saleswoman happily told me they'd just gotten one in that day and brought it out. In short, I was stunned; what began as a curiosity ended up having me second guessing if I wanted the Z-Blue or Hulk. I handed the Bronze back so I could think things over further over dinner. Finished my meal, rushed back to the AD, and the Bronze came back home with me.

Here's the obligatory wrist shot:

IMG_0965.JPG

Thanks for reading!

TLDR: Was thinking Rolex, ended up with Tudor, very happy :-!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Very interesting story and congratulations on your professional achievements and the watch.

I am in a similar situation. Hulk or 2016 Black Bay Heritage (Burgundy bezel). I understand they are at different price points but the new Black Bays have an awesome value proposition.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting story and congratulations on your professional achievements and the watch.

I am in a similar situation. Hulk or 2016 Black Bay Heritage (Burgundy bezel). I understand they are at different price points but the new Black Bays have an awesome value proposition.
That's a nice situation either way. Any chance you can try on both pieces at the same place, if you haven't done so already?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I went through a similar process (although at same jeweler). Found myself with all the BB's out on the viewing table and one Rolex. In short, ended up with a BBR. Great choice- enjoy!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
That's a nice situation either way. Any chance you can try on both pieces at the same place, if you haven't done so already?
As of now No chance of trying out both at the same place. Reason being the new BB is yet to be available at the Dallas AD's. I have tried the Hulk and I have a deep admiration for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really nice! Did you happen to compare it to any of the other BB options that are 41mm? I'm curious if the 43mm wears is significantly larger...
I tried the BB Black also. The 41mm looked and fit just fine. The 43mm definitely wears larger, but not significantly so. If I didn't already have three black dials in the collection I would have definitely considered snagging the BB Black, but the Bronze was something else altogether.

Reactions: WhatATool

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice! What were the professional achievements we have to thank for this wrist shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: EuroStep35

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice! What were the professional achievements we have to thank for this wrist shot?

I accepted my first manager position, and with that came a salary that I'd hoped to reach before my 35th birthday. Thanks for asking!

Out of curiosity, what part of Oregon do you live in? I was born and raised in Portland.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congratulations!! I grew up in Tigard and Hillsboro. I visit as often as I can but the military doesn't let me live there any longer. But after I retire....maybe out toward Aurora

1 - 20 of 36 Posts