WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get a little something to commemorate the birth of my first son coming up in a couple months, but I didn't want to spend a bunch of money that could be better spent on him. I was browsing Meranom and it hit me. My son's name will mean "ocean" in his mother's native language, so what better watch than the adventurous little sailboat? I modded it with an AM-Diver blue bezel (although I think they sent me dark blue) and a silicon strap from Meranom. Quite pleased with it and what it represents.

Sailboat Rubber Strap smaller.jpg

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Excellent mod! I like that the strap matches the dark blue of the bezel.
If you're thinking about modding it any further, Meranom sells some heat blued hands that would look great on a white dial with the blue theme.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great choice. The white dial with the dark blue AM diver bezel on a ministry case is one of the classiest if not the classiest looks.
That is my brother in the Ad he ultimately ended up fogging the watch and gave it to me. I replaced the bezel, the crystal and the crown. It looks great and runs perfectly (after adding a little watch oil) .... I would give it back but it is now one of my favorite watches. He has a blue on blue Vostok that he surfs with now but is still a little pissy about me keeping the blue and white.
He fogged two Breitlings that did not really come back to life. So now it’s only Vostoks in the surf.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! That's cool. I actually looked at his watch quite a lot on AM-Diver's instagram, and it looked so nice that I decided on that bezel for my watch. Very funny about the Breitlings. Or maybe not so funny! Poor guy! He sounds like a character :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts