WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, after a lot of forum-surfing & daydreaming, I'm going to order my first 'real' watch: a Seiko SKX007 from Jake B. However, I can't make my mind up about which mods to get.

Are there any rules or guidelines to follow when choosing components? I gather that a lot of it comes down to personal preference, but I haven't got very refined taste in watches yet.

Here are two collages I put together for possible combinations:
here goes nothing.jpg
test.jpg
What do you think of them? Fugly? Horrendous? Garish? Tasteless? I like both of them but they're both so different, and I probably shouldn't buy both... :-d

I'm also unsure of which other customizations to specify. I planned on asking for domed sapphire but that's about it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, after a lot of forum-surfing & daydreaming, I'm going to order my first 'real' watch: a Seiko SKX007 from Jake B. However, I can't make my mind up about which mods to get.

Are there any rules or guidelines to follow when choosing components? I gather that a lot of it comes down to personal preference, but I haven't got very refined taste in watches yet.

Here are two collages I put together for possible combinations:
View attachment 2731369
View attachment 2731593
What do you think of them? Fugly? Horrendous? Garish? Tasteless? I like both of them but they're both so different, and I probably shouldn't buy both... :-d

I'm also unsure of which other customizations to specify. I planned on asking for domed sapphire but that's about it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I can only see one collage, but I think you've put together a great combo. I personally am not a fan of the swinging balls second hand, but it could work i suppose. I like the idea of a red second hand, but perhaps something a little less....obnoxious? I like this Web Store - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

In the end, do what you want! It's your watch, you have to be happy with it. Great start.

Kyle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only see one collage, but I think you've put together a great combo. I personally am not a fan of the swinging balls second hand, but it could work i suppose. I like the idea of a red second hand, but perhaps something a little less....obnoxious? I like this Web Store - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

In the end, do what you want! It's your watch, you have to be happy with it. Great start.

Kyle
Thanks for the reply. You're probably right about that second hand. The one you linked looks neat...

I'll re-up the other picture since it didn't imbed correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts