WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. First I would like to thank your community which has affected on my watch taste and helped me in lot of questions! My brother is 16 and he's into watches lately. I wanted to buy a watch for him (max 5k). It will be his first watch and he likes Breitling style watches. What would you recommend except G-shock,Rolex and Omega?

·
Registered
153 Posts
$5000 is a solid budget you can get plenty of lovely pieces like a Grand Seiko, D Dornblueth & Sohn, Explorer I etc

If he likes the Breitling sort of look maybe try a Speedy Pro or maybe a Stowa Fleiger.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The Speedmaster Professional (with either either hesalite or sapphire) is a can't go wrong choice.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
If he likes Breitling get him a Brietling. There is nothing wrong with Breitling. The case is a little too polished for my taste but they are fine watches. I would suggest a less "shiny" Breitling for a 16yo.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Holy schnikees!! 5K? You're the greatest brother ever. If he likes Breitling, why not go for a Breitling? You can get a really nice one for under 5K.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Breitling Superocean.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hello everyone. First I would like to thank your community which has affected on my watch taste and helped me in lot of questions! My brother is 16 and he's into watches lately. I wanted to buy a watch for him (max 5k). It will be his first watch and he likes Breitling style watches. What would you recommend except G-shock,Rolex and Omega?
I'm out of ideas, as my first recommendation would have been a $5,000 G-Shock.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Perrelet turbine diver, i think it looks so sporty and nice for a 16 year old guy.

·
Registered
423 Posts
$5K watch for a 16-year old? way to ruin a kid.

if you MUST buy a Breitling, get a super understated one.

transocean.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would suggest getting a $500 watch and putting $4,500 in a savings account for college. Why in the world does a 16 year old need a $5k watch? I know how well I treated MY possessions at 16...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lovecraft22
1 - 20 of 20 Posts