WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first trend on the website, but I'm really enjoying it! Well I am very young, but I have always enjoyed watches, but now I have enough money to buy my first good watch(about 500 us dollars). I am not very tall (1,72m or 5 feet and 7,7 inches) I have small wrist and I am thin. I can't wear big watches neither big bands. The watch that I 'm looking for is to be used everyday but still being able to wear at a dinner with friends, wearing jeans and a shirt. I am a bit afraid of metal bands because they can be too heavy for my body( I 'm also very white), but a special one that is not very rough would be great. Another thing is that I don't like rubber bands. I really appreciate all the answers, because I am really lost, but I want to buy the first one of my collection as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your help!

Tomás

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Check out the Tissot prc200 automatic. Excellent value. Sapphire crystal, 200m wr. Display caseback. Comes in different colors and straps. A perfect first watch for everyday.
IMG_2014051157708.jpg
IMG_201405113998.jpg

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think this or another Sistem 51 watch would be perfect for you.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/swatch-sistem-51-sistem-blue-one-first-u-s-pics-1021599.html

Hi everyone, first trend on the website, but I'm really enjoying it! Well I am very young, but I have always enjoyed watches, but now I have enough money to buy my first good watch(about 500 us dollars). I am not very tall (1,72m or 5 feet and 7,7 inches) I have small wrist and I am thin. I can't wear big watches neither big bands. The watch that I 'm looking for is to be used everyday but still being able to wear at a dinner with friends, wearing jeans and a shirt. I am a bit afraid of metal bands because they can be too heavy for my body( I 'm also very white), but a special one that is not very rough would be great. Another thing is that I don't like rubber bands. I really appreciate all the answers, because I am really lost, but I want to buy the first one of my collection as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your help!

Tomás

·
Registered
6,061 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'm not really sure how "white" you are has anything to do with anything?
I think OP is saying that he would prefer steel watches over gold tone. I know quite a few people afraid to try gold tone jewellery for fears it won't suit their skin colour. That's just how I interpreted it anyway.

OP, welcome to the forums! Have you considered something vintage? You can get a steel vintage watches from one of the big names like Longines, Oris, Omega, and King Seiko in nice condition for under $500. They will also be smaller than most contemporary watches, which would suit your smaller frame.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would second the Frederique Constant, Tissot and Hamilton suggestions.

Also maybe look at Raymond Weil?

·
Premium Member
61,744 Posts
Have a look at the Seiko SARB 033/035 watches. They come on a bracelet but I'm skinny and pale and think a bracelet looks better on me than a strap.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Depending on how young you are, these may be cooler and more useful than simple automatic watches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all, I'm brand new here, but not new to watches. I say go with a seiko it's a solid company with a wide selection. My first watch was a strike and it last me years. You could always follow it up with say a omega! A least that's what I did. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts